TÜBİTAK grants scholarships for international studentsBachelor 22.09.2013
The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TÜBİTAK) grants scholarships for international students seeking to pursue a graduate degree in Turkey in the fields of Natural Sciences, Engineering and Technological Sciences, Medical Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities. The program aims to promote Turkey's scientific and technological collaboration with countries of the prospective students. Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate the potential to contribute significantly to Turkey's goal of international cooperation in scientific and technological development.
Who Can Apply
- The scholarship is open to all students who want to undertake a graduate degree program in Turkey on the following conditions:
- Applicants must be 30 years old or younger for the MSc/MA programs and 35 years old or younger for the PhD programs on the first day of the application period.
- Applicants should be non-Turkish citizens. Applicants who hold dual citizenship with Turkey are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants who hold a Bachelor's degree or who are currently enrolled in their fourth year of college are eligible to apply for scholarship for the MSc/MA programs.
- Applicants who are currently enrolled in an MSc/MA program in Turkey are also eligible for the scholarship on the condition that they have not yet completed their third semester in the program.
- Applicants holding an MSc/MA degree or currently enrolled in a master's program who intend to enroll in a PhD program in Turkey are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Applicants who are currently enrolled in a PhD program in Turkey are also eligible to apply on the condition that they have not yet completed their six semester in the program.
- Applicants who are medal winners at any branch of the International Science Olympiads will be given priority.
- The scholarship will consist of
- A monthly stipend of 1.500 Turkish Liras (TL) for MSc/MA students
- s A monthly stipend of 1.800 Turkish Liras (TL) for PhD students
- s A monthly allowance for health insurance coverage for the award holder only.
- s Tuition Fee (Up to 2.000 Turkish Liras)
- Maximum duration for the scholarship is 2 years for the Masters and 4 years for the PhD program.
- Awardees must begin their graduate program within one year of having been notified of the award.
- All scholarship awardees who successfully complete a Master's program will be rewarded scholarship for a PhD program on the condition that they are admitted to a program at a Turkish University.
For more information please