The international Summer School on Maritime and Logistics in Hamburg, GermanyCamps 16.11.2017
The international Summer School on Maritime and Logistics will take place in Hamburg, Germany from 2 July to 10 July 2018.
This Summer School provides basic insights into ship management, maritime law and logistics. Hamburg is host to one of the most significant maritime clusters globally. The course will feature practical insights through company visits with a focus on digital transformation and possible innovative disruptions. HSBA with its deep roots in the maritime and logistics environment will discuss recent developments in these business areas by taking regional, national and international specificities into account.
You will have a unique chance to discuss current issues and future trends in the maritime industry with your peers from around the world as well as with high profile lecturers, key note speakers and business representatives. You will develop theoretical and analytical skills related to the “German Maritime Cluster”, sustainable and digital transformation processes within freight transportation and you will get the chance to build a personal and professional network of young talents and leading experts in this field.
More information can be found here.
Confirmed Lectures and Business Experts for 2018:
- Prof. Dr. Dirk Max Johns (HSBA)
- Prof. Dr. Jan Ninnemann (HSBA)
- Mike Fischer (Business Consultant, HSBA lecturer)
The programme and lecturers for 2018 will be regularly updated here since the programme is still subject to change.
Why should you participate?
- HSBA boasts a Maritime Business School with faculty members specialised in maritime and logistics topics.
- With our MBA Shipping, B.Sc.Maritime Management and B.Sc. Logistics Management, we have the necessary academic expertise available to ensure that you obtain an adequate training in the field.
- Our lecturers have both an academic background in the maritime field and are professionally active. This means that they integrate a great deal of practical cases and examples into course material.
- As an internationally oriented port city and the home of many international companies, Hamburg is a great place to take part in a Summer School on Maritime and Logistics.
- If you are interested in maritime and logistics topics, the knowledge acquired in this programme mayperhaps give you the decisiveadvantage in the next company-internal project or applicationprocess.
- It is a great opportunity to determinewhether the maritime world isto become your professional future.
- If you want to have an intensivelearning and work experienceand want to meet new people fromall over the world.
To apply for the Summer School on Maritime & Logistics, please make sure you meet the following requirements:
- Language requirement: English at level B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, or TOEFL 90 points, IELTS 6.0 Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English or equivalent, proof of Bachelor or Master studies where English was the language of instruction
- Studies: Bachelor or Master level with a focus on business administration (business/economics) or other related sciences (social sciences, politics, law, nautics, shipping or logistics).
The Summer School fees are 895 €.
If you are applying from one of our partner universities, a discount of 25% is granted. Fees include all lectures, the course materials, company visits as well as the official social program.
The fees include:
- Tuition fees
- Company visits
- Cultural and social Program
- Library, computing facilities and Internet/wifi
- Welcome reception and farewell dinner
- Enrolment at HSBA and certificate earned on the completion of the program
The fees do not include:
- Travel costs for getting to Hamburg, Germany
- Extra travel outside of the Program
- Food and beverages (unless specified)
- Public Transportation
To apply for the Summer School on Maritime & Logistics you will need to hand in the following documents:
- Application Form
- Letter of motivation (max. 1 page)
- Diplomas, transcript of records
- Proof of English language requirement (TOEFL, IELTS, Cambridge Certificate, proof from university)
Please put together your application documents in one PDF document.
Based on these documents the admission committee will then select the most suitable candidates. No more than 25 students will be admitted to the Summer School.
Please send your application to Franziska.Buttler@hsba.de. The application deadline is the 30 April 2018. Late applications may also be accepted in exceptional cases.
Be aware that you will have to contact the relevant German representatives offices in order to determine whether you will need a visa. Also you will have to take care of your visa application. For further information on visa requirements please visit here.
Please also make sure that that your health insurance covers all HSBA Summer School activities in Germany. HSBA´s liability is restricted by the regulations made by the German law.
We look forward to your application for the Summer School on Maritime & Logistics!