Call for Applications, ERSA Winter School 2019 in Trento, ItalyCamps 12.08.2018
The ERSA Winter School 2019, in collaboration with the OECD Spatial Productivity Lab, aims to provide PhD Students and young researchers with the very latest advances in regional sciences on the topics of spatial productivity and local development. Both theoretical, empirical and policy analysis research are welcome.
Researching spatial productivity-related challenges in order to support both spatially more inclusive growth and higher aggregate productivity levels in countries is the aim of the OECD Spatial Productivity Lab based in Trento.
The Winter School seeks to encourage close interactions and feedbacks among participants and top senior researchers as well as internationally recognized analysts.
The Winter School will focus on the generation of productivity gains through space-based policies. This includes economies of agglomeration in cities, mechanisms of regional productivity catching-up, as well as productivity gains that can be achieved by better connecting places, for example through rural-urban linkages.
The ERSA Winter School 2019 will particularly address the interaction between empirical, theoretical and policy analysis within the following topics, which include (but are not limited to):
• Entrepreneurship, innovation and regional development
• Urban agglomeration and productivity
• Knowledge business services and the dynamics of industrial clusters
• Social innovation and inclusive growth
• Creativity, culture and urban development
• Social capital, institution and innovation
• Spatial development, growth and innovation
• Spatial dynamics of innovation networks
• Local and cluster-based policies
• Labour mobility, knowledge and innovation
• Regional diversification and growth
• Proximity effects and rural-urban linkages
The ERSA Winter School targets PhD students and junior researchers with less than 10 years of research experience.
After notification of acceptance, the accepted applicants must register and pay the participation fee to ERSA.
Participants must cover their own travel expenses from their home countries to the Winter School and going home.
Participation fee: €250
The fee includes:
• Accommodation in double room for five nights;
• Lunch, coffee break and dinner throughout the winter school;
• Gala Dinner and excursion.
Applicants are requested to apply for the Winter School via the Winter School Application Portal
First fill in your contact details to create your account on the Winter School Platform and follow the instructions to submit your application. You can save your application as a draft before submitting it.
Applications must be submitted within September 28, 2018 and include (PDF format):
- A one-page CV of the applicant
- A one-page summary of the research project students’ aim at presenting during the Winter School.
After notification of acceptance and receipt of registration payments, the participants will be asked to upload an updated version of their intended presentation during the Winter school.