Call for Applications, Global and Transnational Sociology Summer School 2018Camps 01.02.2018
Deadline: 04 April 2018
Open to: third-year undergraduate students of Sociology
Venue: 11 June– 06 July 2018, at the University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany
The Summer School is part of a new BA (BA+ Globale und Transnationale Soziologie) initiative in Comparative and Transnational Studies of the Institute of Sociology at the University Duisburg-Essen, and supported by strong research activities of the faculty in comparative, global and transnational sociology. Professors teaching at the summer school are also members of the Institute of Work, Skills and Training, and the Institute of East Asian Studies. Read more.
- The summer school will take place from June, 11 until July, 6 2018
- Two blocks with two classes each to choose from
- Taught in English
- Earn up to 12 ECTS (Credits may differ, depending on your home university)
- Free weekends to explore Germany and Europe
- No tuition fee
- Take a look at the classes we offer this year!
- Learn more about our university and student life in Duisburg.
Note that classes are designed for third-year undergraduate students of Sociology. You will either need a general education in Social Sciences or be willing to put in extra hours in order to pass.
- There is no tuition fee for the program. However, you will have to pay the student body and social contribution fee, which is about 290€.
- Housing usually is between 200€ and 300€ a month.
- In order to enrol at the International Summer School in Global and Transnational Sociology, students need to provide proof of sufficient health insurance coverage for the duration of the program. It is up to each student to organize a (travel) health insurance with either a German insurance company or an insurance company from your home country. The costs for health insurance are around 30€ a month. You can find a selection of health insurance providers here.
- For your stay at the University of Duisburg-Essen, you can expect living expenses to be around 300€ a month, depending on your lifestyle. A cup of coffee is approx. 2€, a meal at our cafeteria is approx. 3€, 1l of water is approx. 80 cents.
You can apply for the Global and Transnational Sociology Summer School now!
Application deadline is April, 4 2018!
In order to apply, register HERE.
If you have any questions, check the FAQ section or write to Lucia Bonikowski: firstname.lastname@example.org