International Student Week in Timișoara - ISWinT 2018Camps 05.02.2018
Deadline: 15 March 2018
Open to: students between the ages of 18 and 30 years old
Venue: 23 July– 2 August 2018, Timișoara, Romania
ISWinT (International Student Week in Timișoara) is an international festival, dedicated to students from all the corners of the world. The concept was created in 1994, and it started from the daring ideas of enthusiastic students who believed in unity, multiculturality and friendship. It grew bigger and bigger, this year reaching its 25th edition, always animated by a new team, new ideas and an ever increasing number of participants. What ISWinT keeps and passes on from a generation to another is the spirit, enthusiasm and motivation to make an unforgettable edition each year. Overall, during ISWinT, international cultural diversity takes over the city of Timișoara.
The festival is dedicated to all students aged 18 to 30, who are enrolled in an university anywhere in the world. After applying, the students pass through a selection process and, if accepted, they come to Timișoara to develop themselves, get to know new people, learn something new and make the first step to changing the world, making it a better place.
Here, in Timișoara, 10 days of workshops, activities, events and sleepless nights that will never be forgotten await you.
The workshops, which are the main activities for our participants, cover a lot of interest areas, varying from problems, faced by students worldwide to popular hobbies among youth. The public events that are part of the festival are dedicated not only to the international students, but also to people from Timișoara.
These workshops, as the festival itself, have an educational purpose. Participants learn to use their knowledge, talents and learned skills to sustain themselves and help others while pushing the human race forward in areas of equality, equity and harmony.
The festival focuses on multiculturality and exchanging traditions and ideas, its participants interacting with students from all over the world.
The organising team consists entirely of students who are volunteers, who turn every ISWinT edition into an once-in-a-lifetime experience, that holds a special place in the minds and souls of the participants, organisers and everyone who directly or indirectly interacts with the ISWinT phenomenon.
If you are a student or *recent graduate, aged between 18 and 30 years old, you can definitely come!
*recent graduate = a participant that is a student when he or she applies to ISWinT but they have already graduated when ISWinT takes place.
- 120€ - check in and another 10€ deposit as a guarantee money that you will get back at the end of the festival if you do not damage anything.
- The festival fee includes the accommodation, breakfast, lunch and dinner, public transport, the entrance fee for all the events, a trip and all the needed materials for workshops.
- Unfortunately we cannot provide financial aid for the participants. We can provide you a letter of recommendation that may help you receive sponsorships.
- See if you are available during the festival period (23rd of July - 2nd of August).
- Choose 4 workshops that drew your attention and you would like to attend to. You can find this year's workshops here: https://iswint.ro/workshops-2018
- Go to our website (https://iswint.ro) and hit the “Register Now” button, or go directly to https://iswint.ro/register
- Fill out the application form carefully with your personal data. That data has to be 100% correct and accurate. It will be used if you need a visa and for other materials during the festival so check it twice before you hit submit!
- You will get an email after maximum 2-3 weeks since your submission, even if you get past this part or not, so check your email regularly!
- If you get past this part, you will get information in your email about the Skype interview.
- After the skype interview, you have 2 days to send us your final workshop choices, in a ranked order now depending on your preference.
- In less than one week since you had the interview, you will get the final response, whether you are accepted or not to our festival.
- After that, you will have to confirm your spot to our festival. (more information regarding this matter will be given via email).
- After the confirmation period has ended, we will send you the final workshop repartition.
- You will get further information about the festival by email so please respond to them if you want to come to the festival.
In order to apply, register HERE.
If you have any questions, check the FAQ section or write to: firstname.lastname@example.org.