2018 International Summer School in Comparative Conflict Studies in Belgrade, SerbiaCamps 09.02.2018
2018 International Summer School in Comparative Conflict Studies
June 24 to July 1, 2018
Center for Comparative Conflict Studies (CFCCS) at the Faculty of Media and Communications (FMK),
Singidunum University, Belgrade
The Center for Comparative Conflict Studies (CFCCS) at the Faculty of Media and Communications (FMK), Singidunum University invites you to apply for the 9th International Summer School in Comparative Conflict Studies. The 2018 Summer School will take place at the Faculty of Media and Communications in Belgrade, from June 24 to July 1, 2018.
The Summer School in Comparative Conflict Studies is part of the Politics department at FMK and the MA program in Critical Political Studies. It provides a learning opportunity for students interested in the study and analysis of societies in and post-conflict. Interdisciplinary in its nature, drawing from the fields of Peace and Conflict Studies, History, Anthropology, Education, Law, Political Sciences and International Relations, the Summer School in Comparative Conflict Studies provides students with an interactive learning experience utilizing frontal lectures and class discussions focusing on comparative conflict analysis of different case studies.
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT APPLICATIONS: MARCH 30, 2018
Language of instruction for all courses is English
Students who complete the course requirements may transfer the course credit to their home institution (5 ECTS).
(Applicants can attend only one course from this list)
- Theoretical introduction to memory politics, conflict analysis and Conflict Transformation;
- Collective Memory and National Calendars: collective memory, community memory, social organization of national memory, commemorative events, memory laws;
- Memory work and memory activism in and after conflict.
Case studies may include
- Revisiting 1948: Mnemonic Socializations & Memory Activism among Israelis & Palestinians;
- Remembering the Wars of the 1990s? From Anti-War Activism to Memory Activism in Serbia;
Our courses are offered to graduate students, advanced undergraduate students and professionals working in related fields.
All courses are in English.
For all questions and information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org