Call for Applications, Yenching Global Symposium 2019Camps 26.11.2018
Deadline: 9 December 2018
Open to: applicants with a bachelor’s degree in any field
Benefits: delegates selected to attend the Symposium will receive fully-funded travel, accommodation, and meals in Beijing for the duration of the conference
This year, the three-day event will take place in March 2019 and will comprise engaging speakers and interactive events on the topic of Wǒmen: Retelling the China Stories. This conference will feature prominent international scholars and leading young professionals from a wide range of fields and will provide a highly focused, application-based experiential learning platform.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in any field;
- Strong interest in learning about China and engaging in nuanced, interdisciplinary discussions which address critical societal issues relating to China;
- Available for the entirety of the conference, March 29-31st 2019 (and available for any required travel time to and from Beijing);
- Have not attended any of the previous Yenching Global Symposiums or Yenching Social Innovation Forums;
- English Proficiency;
- Leadership potential;
- Bonus: Involvement in China-related activities – academic, voluntary, professional, extra-curricular.
Delegates selected to attend the Yenching Global Symposium will receive fully-funded travel, accommodation, and meals in Beijing for the duration of the conference.
As a delegate, you will have the opportunity to share your experiences with innovation while collaborating with others to generate fruitful exchange and construct frameworks for action on China’s most challenging issues.
If you are selected as a delegate, the Yenching Global Symposium will cover your return flight tickets, accommodation, and meals for the duration of the event. Delegates have to bear visa expenses (if any) and are advised to carry some money for personal expenses, sightseeing, etc.
How to apply?
Please read FAQs carefully before completing this application. The FAQs will be updated throughout the application process. Please note that inquiries that have been addressed on the FAQs will not be responded via email.
We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, ethnic origin, nationality, religion, age, color, gender, sexual orientation, educational backgrounds, ability or disability.
Applications close at 11:59 p.m. (China Standard Time), 8 December 2018. Successful applicants will be notified by early January 2019.
In order to apply, please fill the application form.
For more information, please visit the official web page.