The First Global Youth Festival for SDGs 2018 in Manama, Kingdom of BahrainCamps 06.10.2018
Under the patronage of His Majesty King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa, King of Bahrain. The Ministry of Youth and Sport Affairs is organizing the First International Global Youth festival for the sustainable development goal, during the 20th -26th October 2018. The festival is the first of its kind in the world and aims to promote awareness among young people through a wide range of activities and events. To achieve these goals we must involve all segments of society, especially the youth. The creation of a better future is a responsibility of solidarity.
Objectives of the Festival:
- Clarify the sustainable development goals to the largest possible segment of young people and all segments of society.
- Encourage the youth to work towards the SDGs.
- To introduce young people from all over the world to the efforts and initiatives of the Kingdom of Bahrain in achieving the SDGs
- Introducing workforces and contributors to these goals, and spreading their stories and experiences to be an incentive for young people.
- Collaborate with young people to chart several initiatives and a plan that will help achieve the sustainable development goals.
What are the Sustainable Development Goals?
There are 17 goals representing a global demand for action to eradicate poverty protect the planet and ensure that all people live in peace and prosperity. These goals are based on the successes achieved in attaining the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) (2000-2015), as well as covering new areas such as climate change, economic inequality, promotion of innovation, sustainable consumption, peace and justice, among other priorities.
Why be part of the Sustainable Development Goals?
It is our responsibility to be a part of the change, so it is important to promote the sustainable development goals, in addition to working with various governmental and private agencies to implement these goals further. To achieve these goals, we must involve all segments of society, especially young people, for the abilities they have. The idea of this world festival is the first of its kind in the world, with the aim of spreading these goals, so that each of us would be responsible for it in this context. The production of a better future is a responsibility of solidarity that cannot be done by one entity alone.
- Each country may have up to 20 representatives, from each gender.
- The festival targets youth between the ages of 18-29 years.
- The host country will provide the following: (accommodation, visa, meals, internal transportation)
- A list of permitted hotels will be provided and sent close to the date.
- Participating delegates shall ensure the provision and payment of tickets for their delegations participating. The arrival of the delegations to the Kingdom of Bahrain is on Saturday, 20th of October 2018, and the of October 2018. departure is on Friday, 26th
- Delegates must send a copy of the passport to issue the necessary visas, the deadline for submission is of October 2018. 11th
- The names of the participant will be permitted as it is in the passport unless stated otherwise.
- Participating delegates must wear the traditional wear to represent their country for the opening ceremony.
This application form allows you to nominate yourself in entering a selection process to join the Festival whereby the following expenses will be covered:
- Airfare ticket
- Internal transportation from and to the event
- Airport pick-up and drop-off
Note that your pocket money will not be covered and shall be the responsibility of the participant.
Disclaimer: Please be aware that the selection process will be based on Bahrain's Ministry of Youth and Sports Affairs criteria and screening process. Should you not be chosen as part of this selection process to cover the above costs, you can still attend the festival and receive coverage of costs except for the airfare ticket.
In order to apply, .