Coady Institute Global Change Leaders Programme for WomenCamps 14.09.2018
Established in 2011, the Global Change Leaders Program is a seven-week education program offered by Coady Institute’s International Centre for Women’s Leadership. This program enables women from developing countries to strengthen their leadership capacities in order to contribute to innovation and change in their organizations and communities. Program participants engage in learning grounded in real world experiences and focused on Coady’s core thematic areas. Through a shared learning environment with other emerging women leaders from around the world, participants are exposed to a range of experiences and the beginnings of a potentially lifelong network of support.
The Global Change Leaders program provides successful candidates with a scholarship that includes tuition, travel, accommodations, and meals. Successful participants are responsible for costs pertaining to acquiring a visa to enter Canada.
Program participants benefit from the guidance and mentorship of accomplished women leaders from around the world. The program is led by a core team of staff in the International Centre for Women’s Leadership and supported by other Coady faculty and associates.
This program is targeted to emerging women leaders from developing countries who are working on development issues. These are women who:
- Possess a minimum of five years of demonstrated leadership experience in a social or economic development endeavor in sectors such as livelihoods or inclusive economic development, food security, environment, access to education and health care, governance, political engagement of women and the rights of girls and women;
- Will be immediately returning to their community and sector following the program to put their learning into practice;
- Have great drive and passion for their work, demonstrated through their outstanding contributions in their organizations and communities;·
- Are practitioners in civil society organizations including community based organizations and not for profits, or active in public or private institutions, donor/philanthropic agencies, social movements or in a social enterprise/business;
- Hold a university degree or a combination of post-secondary education and experience; and
- Have strong oral and written English language competencies.
Candidates must be from a country eligible for Official Development Assistance.
The cost of Coady programs varies due to length of course and location. Please visit our admissions page for current fees.
There is no cost involved in applying for a Coady program. If you get an e-mail requesting payment of any kind in relation to a Coady program, please disregard such communication.
You are responsible for your travel costs. You are also responsible for costs related to visas and personal expenses while you are living in Antigonish. Coady Institute does offer a limited number of travel awards to cover travel for successful diploma applicants who have obtained their visa. More information will be provided in the acceptance package.
The Coady International Institute offers a range of full and partial scholarships.
Thanks to the generous financial support of Global Affairs Canada, as well as a number of individual and institutional donors, the Coady International Institute is able to offer partial scholarships to most candidates accepted into the Institute’s training programs.
The Institute is rarely able to provide 100% scholarship. Candidates accepted to the Diploma in Development Leadership will receive an international travel award. When completing the application form applicants will be asked if they wish to be considered for a scholarship. Once a candidate is accepted into a Coady program, s/he will be informed of the level of scholarship support offered as well as the balance of costs for which the candidate is responsible.
Applications for all education programs are reviewed on an on-going basis. There are limited spaces available in each program; 22 seats in each certificate program and 44 in our diploma programs. We receive a large volume of application for all our education programs. During higher volume times it will take longer for a decision to be made by the selection committee. You can expect to receive a response within a month after the application deadline.
In order to apply, .