Call for Applications, Co-Opinion 4th Annual Youth Summit in Istanbul, TurkeyCamps 24.04.2019
Deadline: 5 May 2019 (for international applicants) ; 30 May 2019 (for local applicants)
Open to: Undergraduate & graduate students, young activists, and professionals, young entrepreneurs, representatives of NGOs, academics, and journalists
Venue: 22 – 23 June 2019 at Boğaziçi University, Istanbul, Turkey
4th Industrial Revolution is the fourth major industrial era that fuses physical, biological and digital technologies. These technologies are changing the world we live in and they should not be limited to the agenda that developed countries have imposed. The Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region has one of the youngest populations in the globe. However, the region has very high total and youth unemployment rates in the world, especially among women. Had the young population been managed rightly in the region, MENA’s young population could have unlocked its potential and could have contributed to development of the region’s countries. At this point, it is necessary to reform the education and training methods of the region for reskilling the youth in line with the norms of future.
In this context, the Co-Opinion Network focuses on the question: How can we render a youth-led and socially inclusive 4th Industrial Revolution?
4th Annual Youth Summit will facilitate interaction between youth civil society, academia and the private sector. The participants will have the opportunity to empower young people in arguments regarding the 4th Industrial Revolution and to provide solutions to their problems with prominent policymakers and distinguished intellectuals. The summit will focus on the democratization process of these technologies and provide a platform to discuss the novelties of the new era by focusing on three fundamental aspects of the Industry 4.0: Education 4.0, Digitization of Industry, Digital Rights and Cybersecurity.
Undergraduate & graduate students, young activists, and professionals, young entrepreneurs, representatives of NGOs, academics, and journalists are eligible for applying to be a participant in the summit. The call is open to participants from all over the world. The participants who attend all sessions will be qualified for certification.
The panel & keynote speeches on 22nd of June will be public (includes local applicants), given the availability of seats. However, there is an application procedure for workshop sessions.
- A participation fee of €30 will be charged for the workshop participants;
- The costs of accommodation will be covered by the Co-Opinion Network only for the workshop participants from abroad and only for two nights, 21st-22nd of June. The participants will accommodate in double rooms. The network reserves the right to revoke this coverage in case the participant does not attend all sessions;
- The on-ground transportation for the workshop participants (except for the arrival to the hotel on the first day and departure from the hotel on the last day of event) will be covered;
- The costs of lunches on 22nd and 23rd of June will be covered for the workshop participants;
- Please kindly note that transportation to/from Istanbul will be self-financed. The network undertakes to assist prospective participants who require visas to enter Turkey in obtaining the appropriate authorizations by submitting a letter of invitation;
- However, this task is the responsibility of the applicant. The visa-related fees are not covered
Deadline for International Applicants: May 5th, 2019
Deadline for Local Applicants: May 30th, 2019
In order to apply, .