Call for Applications, 2019 EPG Summer School – “Smart Transformation in the Energy Sector”Camps 24.02.2019
Deadline: 31st of March 2019
Open to: master/PhD students and for young professionals (max. 5 years of experience)
Venue: 25th of July – 2nd of August 2019, Bucharest, Romania
The second edition of Energy Policy Group’s Energy Summer School will be held between 25th of July – 2nd of August 2019 in Bucharest, with a focus on “Smart Transformation in the Energy Sector”.
The energy sector is undergoing deep changes. These days, maybe more than ever, young professionals that are studying, working or that are just being interested in the energy field for its interconnections with the economy, society and environment, need a broader grasp of the sector.
To this purpose, the global trends on the energy markets and in policy making have to be well understood, in their mutually influencing dynamics and against the background of the energy sector’s greatest externality: global warming.
A significant attention will be given to decarbonization initiatives around the globe and particularly in Europe, while also focusing on the major role of renewable energy and its evolution over the years. Then, the basics of the nuclear sector will be discussed, against the backdrop of the ongoing transition to a clean and safe power generation system.
A through discussion of the oil and gas sector, with its challenges and prospects, as well as of alternative fuels (electricity, biofuels, natural gas, and hydrogen) will take place in order to put the future of transportation in the right perspective. Then, the risks and opportunities of the nuclear sector will be highlighted, but also the transition elements to a clean and safe power generation system.
Special attention will be given to digitalization, smart technologies, energy efficiency and emerging products and services (demand-response and storage, just to name a few), while also considering requirements of sustainability and affordability.
The EPG 2019 Energy Summer School will strive to draw a balance between interactive seminars or debate sessions, led by reputed international and Romanian experts, and field trips to a variety of energy sector assets and facilities.
- 2 Professional Certifications provided
- World Energy Simulation Game by Climate Interactive
- 2 Webinars before the Summer School
- Energy Documentary Screening
Venues to be visited:
- Wind Farm
- Nuclear Power Plant.
The Summer School is targeted for master/PhD students and for young professionals (max. 5 years of experience), interested in or studying/working in the energy sector or related fields (e.g.economics, law, political science, environmental studies, etc.). 25 places are available for the 2019 edition of EPG Summer School.
The Summer School is designed for English speakers, therefore a good command of the language is needed.
- Early Bird: 350 Euro*
- Standard Call: 400 Euro*
* The fees include educational program and course materials, 2 professional certifications provided by Monsson Romania (Wind Turbine Safety + GWO Manual Handleing) catering during sessions, transport to all venues included in the program, social events included in the agenda. The fees do not include transportation to/from Bucharest and accommodation.
- Stage 1: Open Call – Early Bird – 11th of February – 3rd of March
- Stage 2: Standard Open Call – 4th of March – 31st of March
- Stage 3: Evaluation of applications – 1st of April – 7th of April
- Stage 4: Announcement of selected participants – 8th of April – 15th of April
- Stage 5: Fee payment period (based on the moment the application was sent – early bird or standard) – 15-30th of April
In order to apply, register HERE.
How was the 2018 Edition of the EPG Summer School? Find out here: https://www.enpg.ro/2018-epg-summer-school-smart-transformation-in-the-energy-sector-1st-edition/
The Energy Policy Group (EPG – www.enpg.ro) is a Bucharest-based non-profit, independent think-tank specializing in energy policy, market analytics and energy strategy, grounded in February 2014.