Call for Applications for the Sorbonne School of EconomicsCamps 10.03.2019
Deadline: 18 March 2019
Open to: participants from around the world
Venue: 17 June – 15 July 2019 in in Paris, France
Organised in Paris, from June 17th to July 15th, by the Sorbonne School of Economics in partnership with the Economic Research Center of the Sorbonne, the Doctoral School of Economics and Campus France, the summer school on International Economics and Sustainable Global Development will be all inclusive. In order to improve the quality and quantity of recruitment of foreign students in PhD programs for French universities, the French embassy and Campus France Agency implemented the «École d’été France Excellence» (France Excellence Summer School). To improve the possible contacts, make the opportunity of a thesis more visible, help potential supervisors meet and assess future students, the embassy supports the organization of summer schools dedicated to the initiation to research for foreign students.
The Sorbonne School of Economics is offering a summer school on International Economics and Sustainable Global Development as a response to this call for projects. This program will include a mix of Chinese students and other international students to train them in research on international economics and globalization and to sensitize them in this framework on themes of research on sustainable development. The students of the summer school will have courses with other students from Paris 1. The combination of Chinese and non Chinese audiences will provide an opportunity for all participants to learn to work in a multicultural environment.
- Globalization and Development Strategies
- European Integration Economics
- Quantitative Research Methodology
- Research Topics on Sustainable Development
- Applied Topics in Sustainable Development
- French Language and Culture
Applications open to Master Students in Economics, PhD Students, Post-Doctoral Students (background should include training in Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Econometrics, Calculus) Language of Instruction: English
The inclusive fee (3 800 €) covers tuition, housing, meals (breakfast and lunch Monday-Friday), transportation in Ile-de-France, academic and cultural program.
- The Summer Schools Program France Excellence is dedicated to Master students who wish to pursue with a PhD. Students should have a good English level and an excellent academic background in the chosen field. The number of places available is limited to guarantee the quality of supervision. A limited number (100) of grants will be attributed by the French Embassy to support exceptional applications.
- The application process is individual. You must 1/ Create an account on the Campus France Website 2/ Fill in your profile information (including uploading documents), 3/ Apply to the 2018 Session of the Programme France Excellence Summer Schools (taking a special care to describe your motivation and project) and 4/ Choose the school you want to apply to: Sorbonne School of Economics Summer School on International Economics and Sustainable Global Development.
In order to apply, register HERE.
Also send via email directly to email@example.com a pdf of the following:
- A detailed CV in English
- A cover letter describing interest in the program and your motivation and research interests (max: 1.5 pages)
- Certified English translation of academic transcripts and a copy of Degrees in Economics (Bachelor’s, Master’s Degree in Economics, PhD)
- An English language certificate: TOEFL scores (no older than 3 years, at least 550 for PBT; 80 for IBT; 213 for computer-based test) of at least 550 or another certificate deemed to be equivalent. If available, the TOEFL can be substituted by: PTE with an academic score of at least 54 or IELTS with an average score of at least 6.5
- A copy of your passport
Application form available at economics-summer-school.pantheonsorbonne.fr
Applications are open between 2018 December 20th and 2019 March 15th. You will be informed about admission by 2019 April.
For all questions and further details contact: Mrs.Morgan Hull-Brousmiche at firstname.lastname@example.org and Campus France Excellence Summer School Team at email@example.com for Chinese candidates.