Call for Applications for Summer School on Global Challenges in Trento, ItalyCamps 10.03.2019
Deadline: 31 March 2019
Open to: students from around the world
Venue: 30 June – 13 July 2019 in Trento, Italy
The EU is a perfect laboratory to understand the causes and consequences of many of the global challenges in the contemporary world. This is why the University of Trento is proud to host an International Summer School on Global Challenges, right in the heart of Europe. The academic part of the Summer School will tackle issues such as: migration, terrorism, international trade, populism, Brexit, the changing balance of power and climate change.
Debate will be encouraged by addressing specific case studies on the issues presented in class.Participants will be introduced to the business excellences of Trentino. Meetings with the CEOs of locally-based companies that have expanded globally on the market are planned and open discussions will be encouraged about how to adapt local realities to global challenges. The leisure part of the Summer School will bring participants to explore the wonderful landscapes of Trentino-Alto Adige: a daily excursion to its spectacular Dolomites, is part of the program.
- Admissions reserved to up to 25 senior Undergraduate and Graduate international students with the following background: European Studies, Political Science, Sociology, International Relations, International Business, Law, Economics, Contemporary History and open to other disciplines.
- A good level of English is needed (B2).
- Students coming from partner universities are selected and nominated by partner universities.
- External students are selected by UniTrento.
- All students are asked to upload a CV and a motivation letter when applying (the on line application form will be available from February in the section “Useful links”).
- Students from partners universities: 450 Euros
- External students: 1.000 Euros
- Beside the didactic activity, participation costs are inclusive of: accommodation in single room, meals in the university restaurant (except for breakfast), entrance to main museums, bus pass and social program.
- Travel costs are to be covered individually by participants.
- Nominations by partner Universities: by 15 March 2019.
- Students from partner universities and external students are asked to finalize the on line application by 31 March 2019 and to upload a CV and a motivation letter.
- The on line application tool is available in the section “Useful links”.
- The School will be activated with a minimum number of 10 participants.
- UniTrento students are welcomed to apply starting from May 2019 in case of vacancies.
In order to apply, register HERE.
If you have any questions, please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org.