CfP: International Summer School on 'Responsible Innovation Cultures'Camps 10.03.2019
Deadline: 14 April 2019
Open to: PhD students, early-career postdocs, and science policy experts/practitioners
Venue: 14 – 18 October 2019 in Munich, Germany
The Munich Center for Technology in Society (MCTS, Technical University of Munich) is very happy to announce to be host of the 5th annual German Summer School of Higher Education Research and Science Studies (HERSS).
The school will focus on the question of how responsible innovation cultures can be established within institutions of higher education and research, such as universities, and will explore what responsibility in research, development and training might look like in different situated institutional contexts.
In various talks and workshops, the summer school will address questions like:
- Responsible Research Innovation: hype or hope?
- Who’s responsible? Exploring the role of different actors within responsible innovation cultures.
- Who’s included? RRI and public engagement.
- RRI in a global context: Responsibility, knowledge and global power structures.
- Training for RRI? Responsible innovation cultures in higher education.
All detailed information regarding the contents, workshops, talks and application can be found in the attached call for participationand on the website of HERSS.
We encourage you to spread the word about this summer school on multifaceted responsible innovation cultures – particularly addressing PhD students, early-career postdocs, and science policy experts/practitioners.
The participation fee is €150.
- Coffee, lunch, and conference dinner are included (We will serve vegetarian/vegan food).
- The Summer School offers a limited number of Travel Grants. The Travel Grant is for participants who have no other means of covering their travel expenses. It can reimburse up to 400 euros of actually incurred travel costs directly related to the participation in the Summer School.
- If you seek advice on child care at TUM during the event, please let us know!
Application Deadline: 14 April 2019 - Notification of Acceptance: 2 May 2019
In order to apply, register HERE.
To apply for participation, we kindly ask you to send a short CV and the application form until 14 April 2019 to email@example.com.