Call for Applications for 5th ADA University EU Summer SchoolCamps 22.03.2019
Deadline: 22 April 2019
Open to: students, recent university graduates and young professionals
Venue: 10 – 21 June 2019 in Baku, Azerbaijan
Every summer, ADA University Center of Excellence in EU Studies opens its doors to bright students, recent university graduates and young professionals for an intensive short-term summer school program. This year Summer School is organized in partnership with DAAD (Germany) and University of Bologna (Italy). Participants will have unique opportunity to gain an insight into EU’s Foreign and Security Policy, perspectives of development of ENP and EaP and etc. from lectures and interactive sessions delivered by professors from the leading European Universities while connecting with people from different cultures.
The program lasts for two weeks (10 studying days) during which participants will develop in-depth knowledge through a dynamic range of activities including lectures, talks from guest speakers, workshops and field visits. Teaching will be conducted by international professors and researchers in their respective domains of expertise. By end of the program, students will have a comprehensive understanding of current challenges and development trends that are shaping the Future of the EU today as well as how those processes influence ENP and EaP strategy of EU, internal perspectives of EaP countries on collaboration with each other and the EU in the context of regional security.
- The EU Fundamentals
- The EU in crisis: Challenges for further development and integration (EU Elections)
- EU’s outlines of Foreign Policy & External Relations
- Principals of European Neighbourhood Policy (ENP)
- New direction of Foreign Policy after the collapse of the Soviet Union
- EU’s Eastern Dimension: 10 years of Eastern Partnership (EaP) Programme
- EU’s self-perception ad foreign policy player
- EU Strategies for EaP development
- EU’s Strategy (Re-) Direction in its Foreign & Security Policies
- The future of the EU’s collaboration with Azerbaijan as EaP country
- Applicant must be at least 18 years old
- Fluency in English language
Program fee: 300 EUR
What is included:
- Tuition and study materials
- Half board: lunch and two coffee breaks per day
- Extracurricular activities
- Certificate at the end of the course
- 2 field/organization visits
- Farewell event
- Baku city guided tour
*Limited number of accommodations at University dormitory is available in double rooms upon request of international participants
Fee does not include:
- Travel costs, transfers, dormitory, breakfasts and dinners;
- Step 1: Look for information about EU Summer School
This website contains a lot of information about the Summer School and will help you get a better idea of what we offer. If you have any further questions, please contact us at email@example.com
- Step 2: Complete application form
Complete the Application form (Registration begins on 11 March 2019 and ends on 22 April 2019:
In order to apply, register HERE.
- Step 3: Scanning documents
To complete your application, please send the following compulsory documents to firstname.lastname@example.org :
Format supported: Word, PDF, jpg.
- Scan of a valid ID/passport
- Resume in English
- Certificate of enrolment or diploma of graduation higher education institution
- Step 4: Program fee payment
There is no application fee. Program fee (300 euro) is to be made after being selected as participant. Application results will be announced on 3 May 2019. Program fee is to be done by 20 May 2019 and document proving payment should be sent to email@example.com
Note: Your participation will be considered valid only after program fee payment.
All registered participants will receive an official letter of acceptance once registration and payment are completed.