India's foremost Summer School in Public Policy and Governance: Policy BootCampCamps 28.03.2019
Open to: participants from around the world
Venue: 9 – 29 June 2019 in Delhi NCR, India
Policy BootCamp is a 21-day residential program focused on public policy and governance, leadership, and nation-building. It serves as a launchpad for aspiring public leaders, and policy enthusiasts who are specialists in their respective fields.
150 delegates from all across the nation and the world come together and stay on one campus. The program is graced by over 50 speakers including union ministers, bureaucrats, parliamentarians, grassroots reformers, social leaders, academicians, impact investors, and young achievers. The Policy BootCamp has been carefully designed to deliver holistic learning, exposure, and mentorship to the future leadership of the nation.
- 21-day immersive residential program in Delhi/NCR
- Engage with politicians, bureaucrats, academicians, social workers, thinkers, policy entrepreneurs and more.
- Experience the spirit of India with workshops, community interactions, group exercises, ideation workshops, and field work
- Learn from India’s leading minds through seminars, interactive discussions, one-to-one interactions and implementation modeling.
- Connect with future co-workers, peers, ground workers, policymakers, and various stakeholders of democracy.
The Policy BootCamp is for young individuals who are ready to throw themselves in the policy domain. We encourage people with at least an year of undergraduate experience to apply. However in case the screening committee feels you will be a good fit for the bootcamp, you will be considered for candidature.
- College students who want to develop an understanding of the public policy landscape
- Aspiring public leaders and change makers who want to chart out an impactful career
- Young professionals who want to explore and enter the policy world
- Young development workers who wish to hone their skills in specific areas
- Scholars interested in pursuing higher studies (Masters/PhD) in a policy area
- NRIs and foreign citizens who wish to learn about Indian policy framework and contemporary issues
- Enthusiasts from emerging economies who face similar policy challenges in their countries
It is a residential program. All participants will be provided air-conditioned accommodation within the program campus.
- For Indian citizens: ₹ 36,000/-
- For others: $600
(Taxes extra, as applicable | To be deposited only after selection)
Scholarships in the range of ₹ 6,000 – ₹ 24,000, are offered to meritorious candidates, on a merit-cum-means basis. Don’t let your inability to pay become a reason for not applying. The number of scholarships we can offer is limited to 50% of the delegates, so please apply for financial support only if you really need it. Do remember, there may be others who need it more than you!
This amount is inclusive of:
- Air-conditioned accommodation for 21-days
- Course-pack and academic content
- Meals and local travel during the Bootcamp
- Workshops, activities, and conferences during the BootCamp
- Passes to 4 VIF Conferences/Conclaves after the BootCamp
The selection is based on an online application. The competitive process includes the following:
- Achievements and Past Engagements
- Video Essay (Required for Scholarships)
- Relevant Qualifications and Intent
Shortlisted applicants may also be asked for a web/telephonic interview.
Selections will be made on a rolling basis.
In order to apply, register HERE.
If you have any questions, check the or please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org.