Call for Applications for the Summer School Viadrinicum 2019Camps 07.05.2019
Viadrinicum is an annual summer school devoted to the countries of the Eastern Partnership region with a special focus on Ukraine. This year it will take place in the form of Transsectoral UrbanLab, aiming to tackle the complex issues of (glocal) urbanism, urban development and active citizenship in small and medium-sized post-socialist cities from multiple theoretical and methodological perspectives.
With a strong emphasis on participatory formats the school will allow its participants to deepen their knowledge about theories of (post-)socialist urbanism, patterns of urban development and strategies of active citizenship with the help of academic seminars and enhance their practical and methodological skills in the framework of several project-oriented workshops.
Among others, the program includes the following seminars and workshops:
- Dr. Sofia Dyak (L‘viv), Multiple Transitions: (Re)Assembling Cities from and out of Socialism
- Prof. Dr. Mariusz Czepczynski (Gdansk), Seeing the Shrinking. Challenged Post-Liminal Post-Industrial Landscapes.
- Prof. Dr. Andrii Portnov (Frankfurt/Oder), Dnipro(petrovsk): Writing Transnational History of a Ukrainian City
- Dr. Christian Hochmuth (Frankfurt/Oder), Mediating the Local: Civil Society Actors and Political Decision-Making
- Dr. Daria Bocharnikova (Brussels), Second World Urban Infrastructure and Its Afterlives
Besides the academic part, participants of the school will also be able to develop their own small (team) projects in the framework of three workshops (Art.Lab, Doc.Lab, Research.Lab) under the close guidance of experienced supervisors.
Furthermore, there will be film screenings, public discussions, and Open Space sessions where participants will have a chance to discuss their own scientific or cultural projects with peers and scholars.
- You are a BA/MA student, a PhD candidate, an NGO activist or an artist up to 35 years old from any academic/professional field, from any country of the world;
- You have a genuine interest in transsectoral and interdisciplinary approaches to urban questions in post-socialist context;
- Your knowledge of English is suffcient to take an active part in the discussions.
- You can find the full programme and the application form, as well as additional information about the school at: www.viadrinicum.blog
Deadline: 02 June 2019.
In order to apply, .