Call for applications: Summer School on Tolerance and Non-discrimination in Ohrid, North MacedoniaCamps 23.05.2019
Deadline: 3 June 2019
Open to: young people between the age of 18 and 26
Venue: 1 - 5 July 2019 in Ohrid, North Macedonia
The OSCE Mission to Skopje is launching an open call for participation in the Summer School on Tolerance and Non-discrimination, that will take place in Ohrid between 1 and 5 July 2019. The Summer School will address issues pertinent to discrimination, hate speech and hate crime through series of lectures, case studies and exercises. The deadline for application is 3 June 2019. Lecturers are national and international experts, as well as Mission Members.
The overall goal of the Summer School is to enhance the understanding of basic human rights concepts such as dignity, equality and respect among young people.
Objectives of the Summer School:
- To enhance young people’s knowledge on human rights with a particular focus on equality, stereotypes and prejudices; freedom of expression and its limitations; and bias-motivated crime;
- To explore different means helping to address and combat detrimental phenomena such as discrimination, hate speech and hate crime;
- To engage young people in follow-up activities against discrimination, hate speech and hate crime (through creating and publishing a video and distribution of promotional materials)
The Summer School will focus on topics related to human rights, stereotypes and prejudices, discrimination, freedom of expression, hate speech, and hate crime.
All participants will receive а Certificate of Participation at the Summer School on Tolerance and Non-discrimination.
Young people between the age of 18 and 26, who are or have been, contributing to work of civil society organizations. Applicants should be available to participate for the full duration of the training and be willing to take part in follow up activities. The working language is Macedonian. Knowledge of English is mandatory, as some lectures will be delivered in English only. No translation will be provided.
To be eligible, each participant must fulfill the following criteria:
- To be between the age of 18 and 26;
- To demonstrate interest in the topics and personal motivation (through motivation letter);
- To describe civic engagement (in motivation letter);
- To have a strong command of English language;
Cost & Scholarship
Participants will be accommodated in the hotel Bellevue while learning sessions are planned to be conducted at hotel Metropol, Ohrid.
All expenses for transport (to and from the location), board and lodging for the participants and learning materials will be covered by the OSCE Mission to Skopje.
All interested young people can apply by submitting their CV and a motivation letter (no longer than one page) in English to the following email address: Elena.Brmbeska@osce.org with subject line “Summer school 2019”
The deadline for application is 3 June 2019.
Throughout participant selection the board will take the following criteria for inclusiveness into consideration
- Equal gender representation
- Ethnic and cultural diversity
- Geographic representation
Contact person: please contact Elena Brmbeska at Elena.Brmbeska@osce.org if you require any further information.