Call for Applications to EAHIL-EBSCO scholarships for EAHIL 2018, CardiffConferences 03.12.2017
Each year the EAHIL Executive Board is pleased to announce the availability of EAHIL-EBSCO Scholarships to be awarded to attend the coming coference or workshop. The scholarships, which are partly sponsored by the generous support of EBSCO, are 500 euros maximum. The Board aims to award a minimum of six scholarships, but reserves the right not to award the full number of scholarships if there are insufficient applications of the required standard.
(Please note: AHILA members not working in Council of Europe countries should apply for the EAHIL-AHILA scholarship)
The Board will welcome applications from all those who are eligible (see below for further details on eligibility), including those who are newly registered as members.
The Aims of the EAHIL-EBSCO Scholarship Programme are:
- To support EAHIL members in the early stages of their careers by encouraging them to attend EAHIL meetings
- To support EAHIL members who for economic or political reasons may have difficulty in attending
- To maintain a high and relevant quality of presentations/CECs at conferences and workshops
Scholarship applicants are required to observe all of the following conditions, and the Board will not consider any application that fails to comply with them.
- Applicants must be professionally resident in of one of the member states of the Council of Europe
- Applicants must already be registered on the EAHIL Membership Database as an individual Full Member of EAHIL in advance of the start of the scholarship application period.
- Applicants must not previously have received a scholarship or registration award from EAHIL.
- Scholarships are not awarded to members from the country hosting the conference or workshop.
- Applications must be made only on the official online application form. They must comply with all requirements regarding length of application. Supplementary material sent in addition to the application form will not be accepted.
- Successful applicants will not be eligible for any concurrent fee waiver offered to specified participants at the conference.
- Successful applicants will be required to provide a written report on their experience in attending the conference as scholarship winners, for publication in the Journal of EAHIL.
All applications will be considered in confidence. They will be judged on the merits of the case submitted by each applicant. In assessing each application the Board will be particularly keen to support those members who are still getting established in their professional careers, and will take into account a number of criteria, including:
- The applicant’s number of years working in health information
- Will this be the applicant’s first attendance at an EAHIL conference/workshop?
- How does the applicant intend to contribute to the Conference or Workshop?
- How does the applicant expect to benefit from attending the Conference or Workshop?
The Board will also give special weighting to applicants who work in one of the Council of Europe states included in the WHO’s HINARI Groups A and B.
Applications must be made using the application form https://www.formdesk.com/eahil/EAHIL-EBSCO-scholarship2018.
Applications must be submitted online not later than the closing date of Friday 5 January 2018.
The EAHIL Executive Board will notify the successful applicant not later than 1 Feb 2018.