Finance for a Sustainable Future Forum 2018 in Prague, Czech RepublicConferences 29.04.2018
The future of the financial industry will belong to companies that successfully integrate sustainability considerations into every stage of their investment process. Identifying and assessing sustainability challenges will become a core competency for the next generation of finance executives. At Finance for a Sustainable Future, we believe that junior team members play a central role in the investment process. We give them the opportunity to learn the latest tools for assessing both social and environmental sustainability exposures of potential investments.
We are now inviting potential participants to apply to our workshop, which will be held from 29 to 31 August 2018 in Prague, Czech Republic. Note that 29 August will be an arrival day so participants only need to be away from work or university on 30 and 31 August.
The workshop will cover subjects such as:
- How sustainability affects companies across a wide range of industries
- How to identify and assess sustainability risks
- How to use Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) information to improve investment returns
- How to use strategies such as impact investing to help our society overcome sustainability challenges
- Following the workshop, participants will be admitted to the Finance for a Sustainable Future alumni community, and will be able to benefit from a network of junior finance professionals working in leading financial institutions across Europe
In order to be considered eligible to apply, you must fulfill all of the following criteria:
- Candidates must be able to communicate fluently in verbal and written English.
- Applicants must be between 18 and 25 years old at the time of the workshop and must have completed high school education.
- Applicants must be either citizens, residents or students in an EU, EEA or EFTA country (includes Switzerland and the UK).
- Applicants must have a basic knowledge of finance. This requirement can be fulfilled either by relevant work experience or by academic background (e.g. having completed or currently studying towards a Business, Economics or Finance degree).
- Applicants must either be currently working in the finance industry or have the goal of entering into the finance industry after completing their studies.
- Experience related to sustainability is not required.
Finance for a Sustainable Future workshop is free for all selected participants. Participants are expected to cover their own transportation and accommodation costs. Discounted food options will be arranged, but participants are expected to cover their own food expenses.
A limited number of scholarships will be provided to outstanding applicants with demonstrable needs. Participants interested in being considered for a scholarship should complete the Scholarship section of the application form.
Members of the Finance for a Sustainable Future Organising Team and the Advisory Board will select the participants.
All selection decisions are incontestable.
The program will have approximately 30 participants per year. The group should reflect a balance in gender, background, ethnicity and geography.
In order to apply, .