Science and Technology 2019 conferenceConferences 28.01.2019
"The Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization (CTBTO) relies on innovation to enhance the capabilities of the Treaty’s verification regime as well as to help move the Treaty closer to universalization and entry into force. As the seventh event in the CTBT: Science and Technology conference series, SnT2019 will bring together around 1000 scientists, technologists, academics, students, CTBTO policy makers, members of the media and representatives of organizations involved in research and development that is relevant to all aspects of Treaty verification.
- To broaden and strengthen the engagement of the scientific communities working in test ban monitoring, including young scientists, and to enhance the geographic and gender representations of these communities
- To support the exchange of knowledge and ideas between the CTBTO and the broader scientific community
- To identify opportunities and possible solutions to continuously improve nuclear test monitoring and verification
- To identify how scientific developments and cooperation can support national needs and frame policy objectives in support of the CTBT
- To promote the wider civil and scientific applications of techniques and data used for test ban verification
|Application Deadline:||28 Jun 2019 11:59 GMT|
|Funding Application Deadline:||31 Jan 2019 23:59 GMT|
|Abstract Submission Deadline:||31 Jan 2019 23:59 GMT|
Financial support may be available to a limited number of participants. Such assistance must be requested at the time of registration and no later than 31 January 2019. Financial support will be considered only for participants who have submitted an abstract that is approved by the Scientific Programme Committee. Participants are strongly encouraged to first seek travel and participation funds from non-CTBTO sources. If you do not find the answer to your questions on the ctbto.org/SnT2019 pages, please email SnT@ctbto.org.
For more information please visit www.ctbto.org/SnT2019.