45th International Association for Educational Assessment Conference in Baku, AzerbaijanConferences 07.05.2019
45th International Association for Educational Assessment Conference
September 22-27, 2019
Venue: Fairmont Baku Hotel - Baku, Azerbaijan
DEADLINE for Abstract submission is 15th of May
DEADLINE for Early Bird Registration is 14th of July
The State Examination Center of the Republic of Azerbaijan (SEC) will host the 45th International Association for Educational Assessment (IAEA) Annual Conference on 22 – 27 September 2019, in Baku, Azerbaijan. This year's conference theme is
Assessment and Decision-making: Individual and Institutional Solutions
The IAEA offers a global forum for all those involved in all forms of educational assessment – in primary or secondary schools, colleges or the workplace. Its members include examining bodies, university departments, research organizations, and government agencies from more than 50 countries on all continents.
We are at an important time in assessment science and practice in education and the workforce and have a large base of evidence of the characteristics that are important in school and carry over into success at work and life in general. Now, more importantly, as the experts in the field, we have the mission of improving our assessments to better fit them within the changing nature of educational progress, technological advances, and economic growth.
So, Consistent with the theme of the IAEA 2019 Conference, it will provide a platform for professionals and academics in the area of assessment. This will allow the presentation of challenges and solutions of their work relating to the reference of assessment data and implications of decision-making. The Conference should then contribute to improved assessment practices either at individual learner level or within an institutional context.
The Scientific Committee welcomes submissions from all registered delegates on the following sub-topics:
- Use of assessment in decision-making
- Reliability and validity of assessments in decision-making
- Assessment techniques for better decision-making practices
- Creating value-added measures for better predictions
- Assessment as an institutional reforming tool in education and civil service
- Opportunities and challenges in admission testing and recruitment policies of public and private sector
- The Application of Competency Model in Human Resource Management
- The future of assessment instruments in university admissions and civil service selection
- Assessment as an innovation tool in the education system and good governance
- Assessment data and decision making responsibility
- E-assessments and technology-advanced platforms
- Operational/operations research in educational and workforce assessments
Approximately 300 representatives from examining bodies, university departments, research organizations, and government agencies from more than 50 countries will attend the conference. Cambridge Assessment, ADA University, Embassy of the United States of America in the Republic of Azerbaijan, SOCAR AQS and Baku Oxford School are now the official partners of the Conference.
Information about the registration and abstract submission can be found at http://iaea2019.org/registration/
You may find all necessary contact details for every stage, in the link: http://iaea2019.org/contacts/