Applications to 2018 Travel Writing Scholarship are now open!Contests 24.01.2018
Deadline: 28 February 2018
Open to: all nationalities aged 18 or over
Award: Free flights, Travel writing workshop, Argentina trip and Travel insurance
Hidden in the rugged peaks and colorful cities of Argentina are thousands of stories to find and tell. We're searching for 3 aspiring travel writers to delve into the history, culture and landscapes of Argentina to discover the essence of this unique land. The winners will hone their skills in Buenos Aires during an intense 4-day workshop with professional travel writer and contributor to The New York Times Tim Neville. They'll then spend 10 days exploring specific regions with the local masters of adventure at Say Hueque.
In order to be considered eligible to apply, you must fulfill all of the following criteria:
You need to be 18 or over at the time of the application deadline (before February 28, 2018). Sorry, we can't make any exceptions to this rule.
The scholarship is open to all nationalities; however, you must have an exceptionally high degree of proficiency in written English to be considered for the scholarship. Please note: you do not need to supply an English proficiency certificate to apply.
Each of the 3 successful applicants will receive the following:
- Return economy airfare from the nearest international airport to Buenos Aires.
- 4-day all-expenses-paid workshop with professional travel writer and scholarship mentor, Tim Neville in Buenos Aires.
- 6-day all-expenses-paid tour a specific region of Argentina courtesy of our friends at Say Hueque.
- 4-day free travel in Argentina with $1000 USD spending money thanks to World Nomads.
- The cost of any relevant visas and vaccinations and travel insurance for the duration of the trip from World Nomads.
Write your story
Compose a 2500 character travel story around one of the following themes:
- 'Making a local connection'
- 'The last thing I expected'
- 'A decision that pushed me to the edge'
Complete the application form
In 1500 characters or less tell us why you should be the scholarship recipient and what winning this opportunity would mean to you. Your answer will hold considerable weight in the judging process.
Strictly one application per person. The application must be submitted in English.
In order to apply, register HERE.
If you have any questions, check the FAQ section