Call for Applications, Thesis Award in European StudiesContests 05.06.2018
The Center for European Studies at Epoka University announces the award for undergraduate and graduate thesis that research Europe and European integration from an interdisciplinary perspective.
CES Award for Best Thesis in European Studies is granted for the first time to a thesis written by a student registered at any university in the world. The aim of the award is to acknowledge and encourage research on Europe and European studies among students and stimulate lifelong engagement in research and teaching about European integration.
Nominations for the award are done by the student and his/her thesis supervisors. The nominations will then be assessed by CES thesis evaluating committee and the final decision is going to be announced at CES website.
The Center offers to the winning candidates Master/ Ph.D. scholarship for studies at Epoka University and a publishing opportunity:
a. Teaching Assistant position for students who will pursue Master studies.
Full-time Teaching Assistant - 100% discount on the master program tuition fees. In addition, the candidate assists one professor in his/her lecturing courses.
b. Research Assistant position for students who will pursue Ph.D. studies.
Research Assistants are Ph.D. students and full-time staff members of Epoka University, which means that they are eligible to the institutional provisions with regard to remuneration, social security and health insurance, weekly working hours, annual leave as well as other statutory benefits.
Research Assistants are part of the ‘assisting academic staff’ category and benefit from a 50% discount from the tuition fee.
c. Lecturer Position for Ph.D. holders
PhD- holders whose PhD thesis has been granted the Thesis Award in European Studies are offered the opportunity to be employed in the ‘Lecturer’ position subject to the fulfilment of the condition of having published full-text article in a topic related to the PhD thesis in peer-reviewed and periodical journals listed in Science Citation Index ( SCI), Social Science Citation Index (SSCI) and Arts and Humanities Citation Index (AHCI).
2. Publishing Opportunity
Award receiving students will have their thesis published as part of CES Book Series.
Each nominated thesis must meet the following criteria:
· be a thesis written by a student and in the field of European Studies;
· be in line with the thesis writing guidelines of Epoka University
· be written in English;
· be the work of one student supervised by one or two professors. Collaborative, co-supervised thesis incorporating various disciplines are strongly encouraged.
· be authored by a student registered at any university in the world at his/her final semester of his/ her bachelor or master studies.
Students can apply for the award by sending their thesis and the scanned copy of the Supervisor’s/s’ declaration of support by email to email@example.com. Please note that the first page of the thesis should also contain the original signature of the student and their supervisors.
Possible Themes of Research under the field of European Studies:
- European Governance
- European Integration
- Economic Growth and Competitiveness
- European Welfare and Wellbeing
- European Agricultural Policy
- Citizenship, Democracy, and Human Rights
- Network Europe and Information Society
- Mobility and Space in Europe
- Borders, Migration, and Marginality
- Cities and Territorial Competitiveness
- European Architecture and Cultural Heritage
Please note this list is not exhaustive and only includes some of the most common themes.
Nominations will be accepted from June 1, 2018 until June 30, 2018. The winner will be announced in CES website in July 2018