Call For Applications: Hanns Abele Prize 2018 for Young PostDoc ResearchersContests 25.10.2018
WU’s Institute for Analytical Economics is pleased to announce its Hanns Abele Prize, an award made possible by a generous donation of the Abele family. Application period: Applications must be received before or on November 30, 2018.
It was a firm conviction of Hanns Abele, late professor of economics at WU Vienna, that good economic policy has to rest on solid scientific foundations. To support young PostDoc researchers who work in the tradition of this conviction, WU’s Institute for Analytical Economics is pleased to announce its Hanns Abele Prize, an award made possible by a generous donation of the Abele family.
Prize: The Prize takes the form of a cash prize of € 2.000.
Application period and eligibility: Applications must be received before or on November 30, 2018 . Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Received a PhD degree in economics from an Austrian university within the last five years, i.e. between December 1, 2013 and November 30, 2018
- The PhD thesis can be categorized as “scientific foundation of economic policy”, broadly defined. It can be a theoretical, an empirical, or an experimental study, or a combination of those.
Application instructions: Applications (in English or German) must be sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Hanns Abele Prize application” and include the following attachments:
- A one - page letter with full contact details and a short description of the PhD thesis submitted and its relation to the scientific foundation of economic policy
- Full text of the PhD thesis
- Academic CV including list of publications (if applicable)
- Copy of PhD certificate
- Official evaluation report or a letter of recommendation of the PhD advisor
Selection of recipient: The recipient of the award will be selected by a panel of experts nominated by the members of the Institute for Analytical Economics at WU Vienna.
Prize notification and award: The recipient of the prize will be notified by e-mail on or before December 21, 201 8 . The prize will be awarded at the Monetary Policy Workshop on Friday, January 18, 2019 at WU Vienna.