SOFAZ announces Stock Pitch competition for students in AzerbaijanContests 04.03.2019
The State Oil Fund of the Republic of Azerbaijan (SOFAZ) is glad to announce “Stock Pitch” competition. This competition is designed to allow students to develop their investment selection and analysis skills while receiving feedback from experienced professionals.
The competition is open to undergraduate students in their last and penultimate year and postgraduate (master) students studying in a university located in Azerbaijan. In order to apply, participants should form a team consisting of four students representing the same university and submit the filled application form in Azerbaijani or English with their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 4th latest.
- Application submission deadline is April 4th, 2019.
- Teams will be pre-screened and notified about the results no later than on April 10th, 2019.
- Shortlisted teams will attend a training conducted by SOFAZ employees and receive instructions related to stock selection criteria and stock pitching format on April 13th, 2019.
- Stock pitches shall be submitted by May 13th, 2019 latest.
- Teams selected for a semi-final round will be announced on May 22nd, 2019.
- Selected teams will be invited to present their stock pitches to the panel of internal judges on May 24th, 2019
1st place: 5 000 AZN
2nd place: 3 000 AZN
3rd place: 1 000 AZN
In addition, outstanding participants will be given an opportunity to attend an internship at SOFAZ.
What is a stock pitch?
A stock pitch is a summary of an investment idea. Participants are expected to:
- pick a stock conforming to instructions for a stock selection;
- perform qualitative and quantitative analysis on that stock;
- craft a persuasive pitch.