Call for Applications: Supernova Global Pitch 2020Contests 22.04.2020
Deadline: 20 June 2020
What is Supernova?
Lair East Labs’ Supernova Global Pitch Competition will bring together top startups with a global vision to pitch for equity-free prize money, investment and market-entry opportunities in China, and the attention of media and investors from the Greater China Area. Participation is entirely free of charge. The competition is hosted by Lair East Labs, in collaboration with LiangCang Accelerator, an Alibaba-affiliated startup accelerator.
Supernova Global Pitch 2020 focuses on connecting and supporting outstanding startups around the world impacted by the coronavirus outbreak. It is an exceptional opportunity to pitch your business to an active tech market with extensive investment pools.
About Lair East Labs
Lair East Labs is a startup accelerator based in New York that empowers founders to expand internationally. At the heart of Lair East Labs lies the 10-week accelerator. Each year 8 -12 startups take on our program and receive investments of $50K. Our 10-week program combines the best of two worlds - learn from alumni founders of top Silicon Valley-style accelerators and gain access to a mentor and investor network with extensive experience navigating the Asian markets. In the first three years of operation, our portfolio companies have raised $27 million funding after completing the accelerator. For more information: please visit: laireastlabs.com.
Who are we looking for?
Any startup looking to explore the Greater China market is welcome to apply. Startups will be selected based on the following criteria:
- The startup’s product or service should bring disruptive value to the industry it targets
- Complimentary founding team backgrounds with solid track records
- Scalability and potential to expand internationally
What’s the prize?
- Top Winner x1: USD $28,000 Cash
- Silver Award x4: USD $14,000 Cash
- Bronze Award x7: USD $7,000 Cash
Selected founders will also be awarded:
- $10,000 in AWS Promotional Credit valid for two years
- One year of AWS Business Support (up to $5,000)
Is the event online?
Yes. Selected founders will pitch their startups online to top VCs from both America and China. All online demos or pitch sessions will also be live-streamed to a broader audience worldwide.
- All finalists will receive a sponsored trip to Hangzhou, China with reimbursement up to USD $3,000 towards transportation & accommodation to participate in the Final Round
- Specific founders might be qualified for the Special Talent Grant up to $150,000, which varies based on the founder’s background. It is issued upon completion of the business registration in China. Please contact us to inquire about further details should any interest arise. The Special Talent Grant is separate from the awards.
- April 20, 2020 - application open
- May 31, 2020 - early decision deadline
- June 20, 2020 - application deadline
- July 30, 2020 - all selected applicants will be notified
- Early-November 2020 - Semi-final Round
- Mid-November 2020 - Global Final Round