Call for Applications: Harrington Scholar Award for CoronavirusContests 29.04.2020
Deadline: 30 april 2020
Advancing Therapies for Treating Coronavirus and Future Deadly Viruses
This call for proposals is part of a recently announced major initiative to support the global fight against novel Coronavirus and potential future pandemic events. Harrington Discovery Institute will provide successful applicants with grant funding and expert guidance and oversight in all aspects of drug/therapeutics development, while taking no rights to intellectual property, which is retained by the award recipient and their institution.
HDI will select up to ten projects through the call for proposals and its current portfolio of drugs in development. Awarded projects will run for 12 months, with the possibility of extending the engagement. Read full press release announcing the call for proposals.
Award recipients will receive:
- $150k guaranteed, with the potential to receive up to $1 million in charitable support.
- Dedicated drug discovery and development support from Harrington Discovery Institute’s Therapeutics Development team (experienced pharma and business development team with a track record of bringing new drugs to market).
- A personalized team of drug developers and project manager for every award recipient.
- Select access to partners that range from non-profit, foundation, and public sector organizations to private drug development and investment companies.
Projects being sought:
- Novel therapies that can target Coronavirus and its co-morbidities, such as impact on lungs and heart.
- Broad-spectrum anti-viral therapies, particularly targeting respiratory viruses.
- Next generation vaccines that may target new Corona strains, multiple Corona viruses or more than one type of virus.
- Emergency countermeasures/prophylaxis strategies for first responders and emergency medical personnel to be administered either once or short term.
Emphasis of call:
- Therapies that can enter clinical trials near-term (i.e., within 12 months) with HDI project management and financial support.
- Breakthrough, differentiated technologies and discoveries.
How to Apply
Submission Requires the Following
- Download eligibility and applications questions
- Three-page maximum of a project description that includes the initial hypothesis, background science and rationale, work completed to date and current stage, project goals and objectives, eventual clinical use, as well as an explanation of how discovery and fundamental science will be translated (12 pt. Arial or Times New Roman font, margins of at least 0.5” on all sides, single-spaced).
- List of project aims and anticipated dates of completion
- Description of development plan, including technical methods, experimental design, estimated timeline and expenses
- Description of facilities and equipment
- One-page of key data that supports your proposal. You are encouraged to show data that supports your choice of target and validates your intervention strategy.
- One-page of references in support of the project description.
- Biographical sketch in the NIH format (OMB No. 0925-0001/0002 Rev. 10/15) for the Principal Investigator. If any collaborators are involved with the project, upload a biographical sketch.
Applicants must combine eligibility and application questions, project description, key data, references and biographical sketch into a single PDF document. Email the final document to Rebecca.Koopman@HarringtonDiscovery.org with the subject heading “Coronavirus Grant”. Applicants will receive an email confirmation upon submission.
See more information: Click