Call for Applications: Newton Prize2020Contests 10.03.2020
Deadline: 21 April 2020
The Newton Prize is a £1 million fund which recognises the excellent research and innovation the Newton Fund has invested in since its launch in 2014.
It celebrates the best partnerships between the UK and Newton Fund countries, and encourages new international collaborations to address some of the world’s most pressing challenges.
The Newton Prize 2020 call for applications is now open for existing or past recipients of Newton funding, for projects with Egypt, Jordan, Kenya, South Africa, and Turkey.
- Call for submissions - Part A application only Tuesday 10 March (12 midday BST UK time)
- Applicants successful at Part A invited to submit Part B proposals Tuesday 2 June (12 midday BST UK time)
- Deadline for Part B applications Tuesday 7 July (12 midday BST UK time)
- Shortlist announced Monday 17 August 2020
- Newton Prize committee meeting Wednesday 7 October 2020
- In-Country awards events November 2020
- London awards event Monday 7 December 2020
Professor Alice Gast, Imperial College London President and Newton Prize Committee Chair The Newton Prize will be awarded for the best research or innovation that promotes the economic development and social welfare of Newton partner countries, DAC List Countries or addresses global challenges; aligning with the Newton Fund’s overall objectives.
An independent Newton Prize judging committee made up of experts from the UK and the 2020 countries will review the shortlisted applications, along with feedback from expert peer reviewers, and select the winners.
Call for expert reviewers
We are looking for experts to review Newton Prize applications. To become an expert reviewer for the Newton Prize, please complete this registration form.
Registrations to review the Newton Prize are welcomed from any country worldwide. To become an expert reviewer for the prize, you will need to provide evidence of how you are a recognised authority in your specialist field. Please note that there is no remuneration for Newton Prize reviewers, your time and expertise is greatly appreciated in the review process.