Call for Applications: TFL Co-Production FundContests 26.03.2020
Deadline: 28 april 2020
The TFL Co-Production Fund supports co-productions between European producers and international co-producers. The fund is focused on experienced directors, developing their 3rd feature film project onward.
Open to all cinema forms: fiction, documentary, animation.
The applicant must be a producer based in one of the countries participating in the MEDIA Sub-programme (*).
One co-production grant of € 50.000 will be allocated to the selected production company.
In addition to the grant, the selected project will benefit from tailor-made consultancies with experts in various fields of filmmaking.
The Fund has been created thanks to the Creative Europe – MEDIA sub-programme support to International Co-production Funds.
1. Elegibility Criteria
The project must have the following characteristics:
- The applicant must be a producer based in one of the countries participating in the MEDIA Sub-programme.
- The project must be co-produced with at least one producer from a country which is neither participating in the MEDIA Sub-programme (*) nor member of Eurimages (**).
- The share of the co-producer(s) coming from countries participating in the MEDIA sub-programme must amount to a minimum of 20% in the project. Under no circumstances the share of the co-producer(s) coming from countries participating in the MEDIA Sub-programme can exceed 70%.
- The project must be scheduled to be completed (delivery of the final printing of the film) within September 30th, 2022.
2. Participation to the workshops and the TFL Meeting Event
The selected project will participate in the 2nd FeatureLab residential workshop in September 2020. In the framework of the workshop the project will receive tailored made consultancies with various trainers, who are internationally experienced in the main areas of filmmaking. More information about FeatureLab can be found here.
A follow-up session will be organized in Torino during the TorinoFilmLab Meeting Event, taking place in November 2020. On top of the individual consultations, the project will have the opportunity to participate in TFL’s co-production forum and to find new partners thanks to the one-on-one meetings organized during the event. The TFL Meeting Event is attended every year by over 200 European and international professionals (producers, distributors, sales agents and broadcaster) and all the projects participating in the forum are granted visibility thanks to the TFL Catalogue.
The attendance of the team (writer/director and producer) to the workshop of September and the TFL Meeting Event is compulsory.
2nd FeatureLab workshop: 14-18 September 2020 TBC (location TBA)
TFL Meeting Event: 16-21 November 2020 TBC (Turin, Italy)
TorinoFilmLab covers hotel during the 2nd FeatureLab workshop and the TFL Meeting Event (for max. 2 people per team). Participants must pay all travel costs.
3. Payment of the funding
The payment will be transferred in 3 phases:
- 40% two weeks prior to the start of shooting, upon presentation of a document certifying the exact commencement of work.
- 30% at the end of the shooting, upon presentation of receipt or invoice copies corresponding to the amount of the award.
- 30% upon delivery of the final printing of the film, which should be no later than September 30th, 2022.
By no means the funding will be given if the film is not completed within the deadline of September 30th, 2022.
4. Required Submission Materials
The requested materials to submit in the on-line application form, all together in one PDF (10 MB max.), in English, are:
1) Long synopsis
2) Intention note – 2 pages max.
3) Audio-visual references
4) Web links to previous film(s) of the director
5) Biographies of writer, director & producer
6) Production company profile and co-producers’ profile – 4 pages max. in total
7) Cover Letter to demonstrate the producer’s track record of international co-productions and/or explain the plan to address her/his career in this direction – 2 pages max.
8) Detailed budget
9) Financing plan – including structure of co-production (names & countries of companies/film fund, percentages of financing from each country, status of each funding to apply/applied/confirmed/ etc.). Suggested form for the financing plan.
10) Development/production timetable
11) Marketing & distribution strategy
12) Copy of co-production agreement or deal memo detailing the percentage of each co-producer, the revenue share between them, the joint ownership of the rights
13) Financial agreements and/or letters of intent from financing partners
14) Script (at least 1st draft), to be attached as the last element of the dossier
Before starting the application process, you will need to create an account on the TFL Visitor Page.
For information about the Fund please contact Greta Fornari: email@example.com
* Albania, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of North Macedonia, Republic of Serbia, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom.
** Albania, Argentina, Armenia, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of North Macedonia, Romania, Russian Federation, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey.
See more information: Click