Call for Applications: Greenpreneurs 2020 - Entrepreneurship Accelerator and CompetitionContests 02.05.2020
Deadline: 4 May 2020
Greenpreneurs is a virtual green entrepreneurship incubator for youth-led teams targeting GGGI member and partner countries. This is an opportunity for young leaders to connect globally and receive support on turning their ideas into a tangible impact, with a focus on urgent issues impeding growth in developing countries.
Greenpreneurs grew out of the collective goal of three organizations: Global Green Growth Institute, Student Energy, and Youth Climate Lab, who wanted to support young people to develop a sustainable idea or solution that would positively impact their communities.
They all work with the Sustainable Development Goals, climate action, and the sustainable energy transition so the coalition was a way for us to pool our strengths and directly impact the lives of prospective entrepreneurs to address some of the world’s greatest challenges.
The program will be run online over 12 weeks and lead up to a business plan competition three participating teams will be selected to win small-scale seed funding, and a visit to the GGGI Headquarters in Seoul, South Korea.
Greenpreneurs is looking for new solutions and new approaches to solutions for existing challenges. Teams must apply with solutions that follow one or more of the following themes:
- Sustainable Energy
- Green Cities
- Sustainable Landscapes (including forestry, agriculture, mariculture)
Fifteen selected teams will take part in a free twelve-week virtual incubator with weekly learning modules that include webinars and tasks as well as coaching from mentors and subject matter experts that will support you to build your idea into a validated business plan.
The program will culminate in a business competition. The selected winning teams will receive small-scale project funding and conference bursaries to the International Student Energy Conference in 2021.
Timeline of Greenpreneurs 2020
- April 9 – May 4 Accepting applications
- May 25 – 29 Selected teams announced
- June 1 – 5 Program orientation
- June 1 – Aug 21 Weekly modules
- Aug 17 – Aug 28 Business competition
- Sept 14 Winning teams announced
- This year, the top three teams who win the Business Plan Competition will win USD$5,000 per team in seed funding to get the initiative started.
- Depending on countries participating, there will also be the potential to collaborate with the Global Green Growth Institute at its country offices.
- You must have already assembled a small team (approximately 3-6 individuals) of young entrepreneurs aged 17 to 35.
- Greenpreneurs is designed to support initiatives led by those living or close to affected communities.
- They will prioritize accepting teams that include individuals who are based in the communities the solutions intended to serve.
- Teams need to be based in one of the Global Green Growth Institute’s Members.
- For this competition, teams working for/within GGGI Member Countries, which are primarily lower-income and middle-income economies, can participate. Those from other countries may apply, however, preference will be given to GGGI Members.
More information is HERE