Call for Applications: Renewable Natural Resources Foundation Awards 2020Contests 06.05.2020
Deadline: 1 June 2020
- The Sustained Achievement Award recognizes a long-term contribution and commitment to the protection and conservation of natural resources by an individual.
- The Outstanding Achievement Award recognizes a project, publication, piece of legislation, or similar concrete accomplishment that occurred during the three years prior to nomination for the award. Visual media such as films or videos, audio media such as podcasts, and highly technical publications or proceedings are eligible for this award. (An individual cannot receive this award.)
- The Excellence in Journalism Award honors and encourages excellence in print journalism about natural resources. RNRF seeks to advance public education and understanding of important natural resource issues through the dissemination of accurate and scientifically-based information about the environment. The award recognizes work by an individual, group, or organization for both print and digital media (such as an on-line report, or article/feature in a newspaper, magazine, journal, or newsletter). General interest books and online videos, documentaries, and podcasts are not eligible.
1;2. Winners of this award will be selected based on how well they have:
1) Advanced the renewable natural resources sciences and public education;
2) Promoted the application of sound scientific practices in managing and conserving renewable natural resources; and
3) Fostered coordination and cooperation among professional, scientific, and educational organizations having leadership responsibilities for renewable natural resources.
3.Winners of this award will be selected based on how well they promote public understanding of important natural resources issues through accurate and scientifically-based information. Highly technical papers or proceedings should be nominated for RNRF's Outstanding Achievement Award. The work submitted must have been published during the 2019 calendar year.
1.This award is open to any individual. Restrictions: Not eligible for nomination are former and present RNRF board members or awards jury members. However, individual members of RNRF member organizations are eligible. Only nominees alive at the time of jury deliberations will be considered for the Sustained Achievement Award.
2.This award is open to any project, publication, piece of legislation, or similar concrete accomplishment by any individual or organization. Restrictions: Not eligible for nomination are projects, publications, pieces of legislation, or similar concrete accomplishments by RNRF member organizations, former and present RNRF board members, or awards jury members. However, works by individual members of RNRF member organizations are eligible. Works nominated for the award must have occurred during the three years prior to nomination.
3.Open to work by any individual, group (two or more collaborating individuals) or organization. Both print and digital media will be considered for the award. This includes, for example, an on-line report, or an article/feature in a newspaper, magazine, journal or newsletter. The award does not recognize general interest books, visual media such as films or videos, or podcasts. Restrictions: Not eligible for nomination are RNRF member organizations, former and present RNRF board members, or awards jury members. However, individual members of RNRF member organizations are eligible.
For more information website