Special 2021-2022 EER edition on Entrepreneurship for a Sustainable Recovery
The devastating socioeconomic impact of the COVID-19 crisis will require a long process of recovery and rebuilding in the EU. It will lead to a paradigm shift in economic policymaking at European, national and regional level where building strong and resilient entrepreneurial ecosystems will increasingly be a priority. Support for smart and sustainable entrepreneurship and a stronger commitment to a green and digital transition will be key features of the European recovery plan.
In this context, the jury of the European Entrepreneurial Region (EER) Award has decided to merge the current application process with the next one by re-opening the 2021 call for applications and extending it over 2 years. The Special 2021-2022 EER Award will thus allow up to 6 regions to be awarded the EER label. The new deadline to submit applications has been set to 28 October 2020.
The EER Award is a label that is normally is awarded each year, by the European Committee of the Regions, to up to three cities or regions with outstanding, future-oriented strategies to support SMEs, start-ups and scale-up. It consists in a growing network of pioneering territories actively strengthening their entrepreneurial ecosystems, exchanging good practices and partnering up for European projects.
What changes with the Special EER 2021-2022 Award?
- It is a special edition of the EER aiming to encourage EU regions and cities to develop strategies for boosting entrepreneurship and SMEs, taking account of the impact of the COVID-19 crisis
- Up to 6 awarded regions will hold the EER label for a period of two years (2021 and 2022), which should allow them to plan and implement strategies for a to successful economic and social recovery
- The How to Apply document contains questions and answers about the EER 2021-2022 application process
Who can apply?
- All EU territories below the level of 'Member State', that are endowed with competences at a political level and able to implement an overall entrepreneurial strategy, including regions in the broadest sense, cities, EGTCs and Euroregions.
Why should you apply?
- The EER gives recognition and& visibility to your entrepreneurial strategy and tangible projects. It helps you& reach out to the stakeholders of entrepreneurial ecosystem, boost its development and achieve growth. It also gives you access to a network of potential partners for cooperation initiatives.
For more information and how to apply, please visit the EER website