Kavli Astrophysics Postdoctoral FellowshipFellowship 31.10.2017
Deadline: 30 November 2017
Open to: international applicants
Fellowships: USD 70,000/year and research funds of USD 10,000 per year
Kavli Institute for the Physics and Mathematics of the Universe (Kavli IPMU) is inviting applications for the Kavli Astrophysics Postdoctoral Fellowship, to begin in 2018. The Institute intends to offer several postdoctoral positions for three-years.
KIAA is located on the historic grounds of Peking University in China, has English as the working language, and regularly sponsors thematic workshops and conferences to provide a platform for national and international scientific exchanges. Astronomy at PKU includes 25 faculty, 30 postdoctoral fellows, 60 graduate students, 120 undergraduates, and many visiting scholars. KIAA has priority access to a wide range of domestic and international telescopes and to domestic supercomputing facilities.
- The Kavli Astrophysics Postdoctoral Fellowship will support outstanding postdoctoral scientists to carry out their independent research, with a preference for areas that intersect the interests of Kavli IPMU and KIAA faculty;
- The fellow will spend two years at Kavli IPMU and two years at KIAA, pending satisfactory performance;
- The Fellowship is open to all applicants who received their PhD since 1 January 2015, or who will graduate prior to their expected start date.
This new, independent prize fellowship is for four years, to be split between KIAA and Kavli IPMU, and offers an annual salary of USD 70,000/year and research funds of USD 10,000 per year.
How to Apply?
- Applicants should send a cover letter, CV, publication list, and a 3-page research plan to their preferred host institute for their first two years, with a deadline of November 30;
- The KIAA submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, and the Kavli IPMU submissions should be uploaded at https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/10116/apply.
- Applicants should also arrange for at least three confidential letters of recommendation to be sent to the same email address or uploaded at AcademicJobsOnline.org.
For more information please visit the official website.