Call for Applications, IPC-Stiftung Mercator Fellowship Program 2019 at SWP BerlinFellowship 03.12.2018
Call for Applications
IPC-Stiftung Mercator Fellowship Program 2019 at SWP Berlin
The German Institute for International and Security Affairs (SWP) in Berlin is awarding two fellowships to post-doctoral students and experienced researchers from Turkey.
German-Turkish relations are of key importance to the future of both countries as well as for Europe and the European Union. This is why, the Istanbul Policy Center (IPC) at Sabanci University and the German Institute for International and Security Affairs (SWP) with the support of Stiftung Mercator foundation have established a partnership in the field of academic promotion in order to contribute to the consolida-tion of German-Turkish and Turkish-European relations.
Relevant research fields include European-Turkish relations, Turkish domestic policy, Turkish foreign and security policy and climate change in a European-Turkish context.
Applicants have to prove extensive research experience and significant publications. Thy will execute an independent research project and might collaborate with SWP colleagues. Research results will appear in the form of peer-reviewed SWP publications. The working languages are English and/or German.
Fellowships will be granted for a period of twelve months (2019-2020). Unless the fellows are required to travel to complete their individual projects, they are encouraged to reside in Berlin for the duration of their fellowship. Fellows will receive a monthly grant of € 2,800.00 net and an additional budget for research trips.
All applications must be submitted in the form of a single PDF document and must contain the following documents in English or German:
- A cover letter;
- A CV including a list of academic publications;
- Copies of relevant academic transcripts and/or diplomas (no translations needed);
A written proposal containing the description of the applicant’s project. This proposal must include:
- Discussion of the research/project topic, relevant research questions/project objectives and an ex-planation of the academic and political relevance of the project;
- An overview of the state of research in the field;
- An overview of the theoretical and methodological approaches to be applied in the project (if relevant);
- A bibliography;
IPC-Stiftung Mercator Fellows will be selected by a jury of experts. In choosing applicants, the jury will place particular emphasis on the following criteria:
- Academic and professional merit based on the applicant’s publications and work experience;
- Academic and political relevance of the applicant’s project to the relevant research fields;
- Coherence and feasibility of the applicant’s project;
- Value of the project’s public outreach dimension;
The deadline for 2019/2020 fellowship applications is 1st January 2019. Please send your complete application by email to:
Ms. Tannas Michel, IPC-Stiftung Mercator Fellowship Coordinator
Tel.: +49 30 88 007 333
All applicants will receive a notice of receipt by email. Applicants are responsible for submitting complete applications. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For further details, please see the IPC-Stiftung Mercator Fellowship Program Website: https://www.swp-berlin.org/en/projects/turkey-in-the-international-system/introduction/
If you do not agree with the processing of your data by SWP, you can object at any time at bewerbungen(at)swp-berlin.org.
If you would like to send us your application in encrypted form, please use this PGP Public Key here.