Call for Applications, Ariane de Rothschild Fellowship 2018 in the UKFellowship 24.01.2018
Deadline: 4 March 2018
Open to: entrepreneurs from North America and Europe, especially from Jewish and Muslim communities
Venue: 29 July - 4 August 2018 at Windsor Castle’s, George’s House in the UK
The mission of the Ariane de Rothschild Fellowship is to forge bridges across boundaries between minority communities in Europe and North America, particularly (but not exclusively) Jewish and Muslim. Over time, this is being achieved through building a network of entrepreneurs and community leaders invested in empowering pluralistic societies, nurturing wisdom and collaborative leadership.
“The AdR Fellowship has been a forerunner in predictive disruption nearly 10 years ago by realizing that existing interfaith activities could not bring their desired impact to scale.
AdRF’s model combining entrepreneurship with social sciences advocates that doing good while doing business go hand in hand. It helps its fellows learn how to navigate uncertainty, act on future trends and contribute to the emergence of a new economic paradigm.
AdRF acknowledges that the challenge may not lie ultimately in people’s propensity to change, but in their ability to adapt to the pace the world requires”Ariane de Rothschild
Since its inception in 2009, the AdR Fellowship has been passionately committed to diversity, the promotion of cross-cultural and religious understanding, and the respect for human dignity. In a world where divisive forces polarize people and communities, these values are ever more urgent and vital.
There is already a large amount of interfaith initiatives but little focus addresses interreligious and cross-cultural relations from a social innovation and business-driven perspective. AdRF strongly believes that entrepreneurs and social innovators can make a huge impact on their environment and in bridging to other communities.
The Fellowship focuses on entrepreneurs from North America and Europe, especially from Jewish and Muslim communities, who demonstrate a proven commitment towards inclusion while at the same time strengthening the sustainability of their organization.
In order to be considered eligible to apply, you must fulfill all of the following criteria:
- who demonstrate convincingly their potential for both economic self-sufficiency and social impact;
- with at least a tested proof of concept or (even better) a solid track-record in developing a socially impactful business in wide-ranging sectors ( housing, food, education, art, health, environment, technology…) ;
- and a commitment to empower under-served communities, reduce isolation and build collaboration with society at large.
The AdR Fellow is a visionary leader who challenges retrenchment and fear of the Other. She/he endeavors to make a real impact through developing innovative solutions and promoting inclusive collaboration.
The Fellowship is fully underwritten by the Edmond de Rothschild Foundation. All selected candidates are provided with return tickets from and to their place of residence, accommodation and in-residence meals.
Successful candidates will be subject to a deposit check of $500 which is refundable at the end of the summer session.
- Business: Doing good while driving revenue and sustainability;
- Differences: We believe they exist and should be respected but should be harnessed to rise above and cross-fertilize;
- What’s sacred: Human dignity;
- Disruption: True transformation can only happen with a level of boldness, discomfort and risk;
- Religion: What divides us can also unite us;
- Program: exploration of business models for social change/ reflection on minority identities and global challenges/ peer-to-peer support;
- What’s in it for you? An incredible opportunity to think, train, collaborate and transform;
- What do we expect from you? Rigor, creativity and commitment.
In order to apply, register HERE.
If you have any questions, check the FAQ section