Call for Applications, Fulbright Visiting Scholars Fellowship for the 2018-2019 academic yearsFellowship 24.10.2018
The U.S. Embassy in Baku is pleased to announce the annual Fulbright Visiting Scholars Fellowship for the 2018-2019 academic years.
About the program
The Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program is a non-degree, post-doctoral award program for junior and senior researchers, university lecturers and experts from academic institutions who wish to conduct post-doctoral research, lecture, or pursue combined lecturing and research in the United States. It provides grants to approximately 850 foreign scholars from over 100 countries to conduct post-doctoral research at U.S. institutions. The length of proposed lecture/research projects should not exceed 6 months and be less than 3 months.
The selection of candidates for the Fulbright Visiting Scholars Program is carried out by the Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy based on an open competition.
Who can apply?
Researchers, university lecturers and experts from academic institutions, government and non-government structures who wish to conduct post-doctoral research, lecture, or pursue combined lecturing and research in the United States are eligible to participate in this program.
! Candidates should have little or no prior experience in the United States !
The interested candidates also must:
- be citizens of Azerbaijan
- Currently work and reside in Azerbaijan
- hold a Ph.D. in the following fields
- be proficient in oral and written English
- receive a satisfactory medical clearance
Which fields are eligible?
- American Studies
- Business Administration
- Environmental Sciences
- Film Studies
- Information Sciences
- Library Science
- Medical Sciences
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public/Global Health
- Social Work
- Teaching English as a Foreign Language
- Urban Planning
The program is fully sponsored by the US Department of State and provides the following items during the grant period:
- International airfare cost for return ticket;
- Monthly stipend for the whole grant period;
- Professional allowance;
- Settling-in allowance;
- Accompanying dependent monthly allowance;
- Health insurance
How to Apply:
Interested applicants who meet the criteria as outlined above should complete an online application at:
Online Application Includes the Following:
- Detailed project statements of proposed activity for research/lecturing in the U.S.
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae (resume)
- Three (3) Letters of Reference
- Letter of invitation from a preferred U.S. host Institution (if available)
- Copy of Doctoral Degree
- Copy of passport
Application Deadline: December 2
Program Info session: November 15th 5:30 pm at Baku American Center.
For more information please contact our Education Specialist Ramina Murshudova:
Address: 111, Azadlig street, Baku