Applications Open for Professional Fellows Program (PFP)!Fellowship 30.09.2018
The Professional Fellows Program (PFP) and YSEALI PFP are sponsored by the US Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs’, Professional Fellows Division and administered by American Councils for International Education.
American Councils for International Education is a premier, international nonprofit creating educational opportunities that prepare individuals and institutions to succeed in an increasingly interconnected world.
Through academic exchanges, overseas language immersion, and educational development programs, American Councils designs and administers innovative programs that broaden individual perspectives, increase knowledge, and deepen understanding. For 40 years, American Councils has responded to the needs of the communities where we work with hundreds of robust, international education programs that span over 69 countries, 40 languages, and are represented by over 55,000 alumni worldwide, including government leaders, top international educators, business innovators, public officials, and K-16 students.
In order to be considered eligible to apply, you must fulfill all of the following criteria:
- 25-35 years old;
- A citizen and current resident of either: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, Georgia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Moldova, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Turkey, Russia, Ukraine, and Vietnam.
- Speak fluent English to work full-time in a US worksite;
- Interested in participating in a reciprocal program for Americans coming to your country.
- Have at least two years relevant work experience and be currently employed;
- Have demonstrated leadership and collaborative skills.
- Be a professional fit for the PFP theme that your country participates in
- Legislative - Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Moldova, Turkey, Ukraine
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship - Belarus, Russia
- Economic Empowerment - Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam.
- Work in a full-time fellowship placement in a US worksite dealing with issues relating to his or her work at home. While there fellows will gain first-hand knowledge about US organizations and institutions and build networks and relationships with US counterparts.
- Participate in a fully-funded program with comprehensive on program support. Travel and living arrangements will be covered as well as emergency health insurance, and visa fees on program.
- Become part of prestigious networks -including YSEALI (for Southeast Asian participants only) and PFP. Alumni will gain access to tremendous resources and an international network of like-minded professionals spanning the globe.
The application for the Spring 2019 Professional Fellows Program is now open until November 5th, 2018. The spring program will take place in the US from April - May 2019. Exact dates TBD. Learn more on the specific page for your country. The application for the Spring 2019 Economic Empowerment Cohort of YSEALI PFP will be open soon. Stay tuned for the application dates. The spring program will take place in the US from April - May, 2019. Exact dates TBD. Applications for the PFP Governance and Society Cohort is open to citizens of Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Moldova, Turkey, and Ukraine. Applications for the PFP Innovation and Entrepreneurship Cohort is open to citizens of Belarus and Russia.
Applications for the Spring 2019 YSEALI PFP Fellowship for citizens of Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam will be opening soon. The application dates will be announced online.
In order to apply, .