Become a Data Communication Fellow at ForSet!Fellowship 15.03.2019
Deadline: 31 March 2019
Open to: journalist, communications specialist, civic activist from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan
Fellowship: the fellow's travel costs to and from Tbilisi in addition to providing each fellow a stipend to cover accommodation and other living costs in Tbilisi. Please note, that fellows are expected to pay for their travel insurance.
If you are a journalist, communications specialist, or civic activist from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, or Uzbekistan and you have experience in working with data, then you should apply for a data communication fellowship at ForSet!
The Data Communication Fellowship is a 6 months long program during which the fellows will advance their skills in data collection, data analysis, data storytelling, designing with data, etc. They will be responsible for researching, writing, designing, and publishing 4 data stories under the guidance of ForSet. Each fellow will be assigned a mentor from the ForSet team that will help them through the process of developing their data stories.
ForSet is located in Tbilisi, Georgia and is a socially-driven creative enterprise specializing in data communications using design and technology. We do storytelling, advocacy campaigns, educational programs, community building, and open-source tools. ForSet has an experienced team with diverse skills that creates innovative products in Georgia and internationally.
In order to be considered eligible to apply, you must fulfill all of the following criteria:
- reside and work in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, the Russian Federation, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, or Uzbekistan;
- are a journalist, communications specialist, activist, designer, or coder actively involved in media work or social activism
- have demonstrable capacity in data analysis, data journalism, and/or digital communications
- are fluent in written and spoken English
- will be available to spend 3 weeks in Tbilisi in May 2019
- are able to participate in an online mentorship program and other activities (meetups, webinars, conference calls)
- are open and willing to get involved in cross-country collaboration and reporting
- have no political party or religious organization affiliation
The program will cover the fellow's travel costs to and from Tbilisi in addition to providing each fellow a stipend to cover accommodation and other living costs in Tbilisi. Please note, that fellows are expected to pay for their travel insurance.
The deadline for receiving applications is March 31, 2019.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and required to fill out a capacity assessment form and submit a data communication fellowship project plan. The selection process will also include interviews with the project team.
In order to apply, register HERE.
For any program-related questions, please contact Qristina Parjiani, fellowship coordinator, at: email@example.com.