Fulbright Foreign Student Program 2020-2021Fellowship 12.05.2019
Fulbright Foreign Student Program
Sponsored by the United States Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, the Fulbright Foreign Student Program provides opportunities for Azerbaijani youth to continue their education via master’s degree studies at a U.S. university. Fellowships are awarded competitively to highly qualified candidates who best demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to the goals of the Fulbright Program.
Requirements for the candidates:
- Citizenship: Applicants must be citizens of Azerbaijan. Citizens of other countries are not eligible to apply.
- Residency: Applicants must currently reside in Azerbaijan.
- Work Experience: Applicants must have at least two years of consecutive full time work experience related to their field of application.
The Fulbright program calls for applications in all the fields of study with the exception and preferences as below:
Applications in the field of business administration leading to the MBA degree or in Law leading to the LLM degree are not eligible.
Candidates with good academic records, demonstrated leadership skills, and at least two years of consecutive work experience in the following fields:
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)
- Environmental Sciences
- Public Administration
- Public Policy
- Public Health
- Social Work
- Urban Planning
The Institute of International Education is responsible for requesting and confirming placement of students at the universities in the U.S.
The Fulbright Foreign Student Program cannot accept self-placed applicants; applicants who have already applied to a U.S. university on their own will not be considered.
All expenses (tuition fee, travel, living, accommodation, medical insurance) are covered by program.
The application form consists of the following documents:
- Application form
- Personal Statement essay
- Field of Study essay
- 3 Letters of Recommendation (one academic, two professional in English)
- IF AVAILABLE, Standardized Test Scores by the time of application submission (minimum TOEFL IBT 90 and IELTS 7.0); otherwise only short-listed candidates will be required to take the official TOEFL and GRE tests which will be funded by the U.S. Embassy Baku
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Diplomas and transcripts (copies of notarized diplomas and transcripts with English translations are required to upload to the online application form at Embark. Do not bring the hard copies to the embassy)
Link to the application form:
This FFSP recruitment for 2020-2021 application cycle.
Deadline: June 20 2019