Call for Applications: The UK Fellows ProgrammeFellowship 17.03.2020
Deadline: 11 August 2020
Starting in 2020, each year the UK Fellows Programme brings together 20 bold and brilliant people who are committed to tackling issues of poverty and injustice in the UK – and equips them with the knowledge, skills, and community to accelerate and sustain their impact.
The Fellows Programme develops your capacity to take on long-standing problems of poverty and injustice. You should expect an intensive year-long leadership journey grounded in:
- Learning that is immediately applied to your work
- Diverse cohorts from across sectors and backgrounds
- Peer coaching that challenges and accompanies you in your practice
- Learnings from Acumen’s global community social innovators
Their Fellows are individuals who dare to do what’s right, not what’s easy, to create positive change in their region. Fellows can come from diverse cultural, geographic and socioeconomic backgrounds and work in any sector, and they must be committed to ending poverty and injustice in their community through their work. They are individuals who are making a long-term play at system-level impact and are seeking the leadership skills and moral imagination to make it happen.
The Fellows they seek are:
- Typically in one of the following trajectories: entrepreneurs, intrapreneurs, and organizational builders whether for-profit, nonprofit, or in government. They define that as…
- entrepreneurs: founding or leading a for-profit or nonprofit organization that provides critical goods or services to the underserved
- organizational builders: supporting the growth of an organization, institution, or company focused on alleviating poverty or injustice but not as the founder of CEO
- intrapreneurs: creating innovative solutions to tackle poverty or injustice from within an existing institution by shifting its culture and building new collaborations
- Individuals who have a demonstrated history of impact, commitment and concrete connection to the region.
- Leaders with strong personal integrity, unrelenting perseverance, and moral imagination.
- Committed individuals ready to undergo an intensive year-long personal transformation and leadership journey followed by an induction into the larger Fellows Community.
- Individuals of all ages and education levels who are able to participate in a program conducted in English, or in Spanish for those in the Program in Colombia.
Over the course of a year, you will be immersed in a series of virtual seminars and in-person residentials held across the UK, designed around your role. The overall time commitment is ~25 days, and programme costs are covered by Acumen
For more information Website