Call for Applications: Scholarship for PhD or Post-Doctoral Researchers, SwitzerlandFellowship 20.03.2020
Deadline: 30 June 2020
The Dr. Eduard Gübelin Research Scholarship is an annual grant allocated to an innovative research project in the field of gemmology awarded by The Dr. Eduard Gübelin Association for Research & Identification of Precious Stones – a non-profit entity of the Gübelin Group.
The scholarship is intended to provide funding and support to MSc/PhD students or post-doctoral researchers in the fields of earth sciences (mineralogy, geology, geochemistry), crystallography, chemistry, physics, material sciences, archaeology, biology, and related fields, to pursue a research project in the field of earth sciences or a related scientific field.
- The total value of the scholarship is up to USD 30,000.
- This amount is invested each year to support the awarded project.
- The recipient is the applicant who submits the project; this applicant must also be the main contributor to the project and the author of the final report.
- Part of the scholarship is paid to the successful recipient at the beginning of the project.
- After deduction of costs and expenses as described below, the balance is paid following submission of the final report.
The scholarship is available to students and researchers at MSc, PhD or post-doctoral level. The minimum requirement for applicants is a BSc degree in earth sciences, chemistry, physics, material sciences or another hard science. The successful recipient of the grant, i.e. the applicant, must be a person rather than an institution or company. However, applicants are encouraged to submit project proposals that involve collaboration with a university or other research institute. Applicants may be no more than 40 years of age. Applications are welcome from individuals of any nationality.
No employment relationship will exist between the scholarship recipient and the Dr. Eduard Gübelin Association for Research & Identification of Precious Stones, the Gübelin Gem Lab or any other entity of the Gübelin Group. As such, the Association is not liable for social insurance costs.
For more information Website