The Suleyman Kerimov Foundation GrantsGrants 07.08.2013
Open to: organizations and youth in the areas of medicine, sports, religion, infrastructure, social services, culture, education, ecology etc
Grants: not specified
The Suleyman Kerimov Foundation was established in 2007 and focuses on philanthropic efforts on helping the disadvantaged, particularly youth, by collaborating with partners and other organizations. Since then the foundation has supported organizations and projects in the areas of medicine, sports, religion, infrastructure and social services.
In line with its vision, the foundation have identified ten core funding areas:
- Learning and education: Education and lifelong learning are important prerequisites for ensuring a successful future. For this reason, the Suleyman Kerimov Foundation supports projects in the field of education and training.
- Culture: The aim of the Suleyman Kerimov Foundation’s cultural involvement is to make a substantial contribution towards preserving cultural heritage and creating a new artistic and cultural legacy. This includes the preservation of cultural assets and monuments.
- Medicine: For many people, sufficient medical care and essential treatment of diseases is neither guaranteed nor adequately available and in many instances treatment exceeds the economic viability of the individual. Thus the Suleyman Kerimov Foundation supports medical treatment for individuals with specific financial aid.
- Ecology: Preserving a healthy habitat is an important part of securing our future. The SuleymanKerimov Foundation contributes to projects that work to preserve the environment.
- Social: The Suleyman Kerimov Foundation supports institutions that contribute towards alleviating hardship. Grants from the Suleyman Kerimov Foundation are put towards purchasing facilities or equipment that improves the lives of disadvantaged people. In addition, we contribute towards the development and preservation of social infrastructures.
- Sports: The foundation believes that youth sports programs are essential to developing the character and the leadership skills needed to prepare children and young people for the challenges they will face in life. Thus the Foundation supports sports programs and events. In addition, we promote sports by providing support to young sportsmen and women who demonstrate top performance.
- Economic development: Companies that provide jobs in communities are the basis of a healthy economy and substantially contribute towards ensuring a community’s economic vitality. The foundation is to support existing companies but also young and new entrepreneurs in the set-up and development of service and production industries.
- Infrastructure: The existence of an adequate infrastructure, such as roads, buildings and basic utilities, is an indispensable need for individuals and communities. The foundation also contributes towards the development, expansion and preservation of adequate infrastructures.
- Religion: The Suleyman Kerimov Foundation promotes religious tolerance by supporting religious institutions that promote the preservation and free exercise of religion. This includes support for projects that seek to preserve religious heritage and cultural assets.
- Research: Medical progress and research have substantially improved life expectancy and quality of life for many people. The Suleyman Kerimov Foundation supports innovative research projects in human medicine and other technologies in the pursuit of improving people’s lives.
Review here the initiatives that have been granted help by The Suleyman Kerimov Foundation.
How to Apply?
After you have reviewed the funding areas you should determine that your project aligns with the funding areas and then you are welcome to request a Grant Application Form by sending an e-mail at: email@example.com. Please use “Grant Application Form Request” as the subject of your email and provide a brief description of your project.
Please do not contact to ask about your application status. Once your application is reviewed you will be notified of the decision. Also please note that due to the large number of requests that the foundation receives, are not able to support each worthy project.
Suleyman Kerimov Foundation
P.O. Box 14257
Tel: +41 (0) 800 700 000
Fax: +41 (0) 800 700 001