Azerbaijan Grants for US and European NGOsGrants 02.06.2013
The Council of State Support to Non-Governmental Organizations under the Auspices of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan (“The NGO Council”) is pleased to invite all interested organizations to participate in the call funding opportunities for European and USA- based non- profits.
For five years of its activities, the NGO Council is known not only for providing financial support to NGOs but also for serving as a forum for NGOs to raise concerns over legislation and other matters of social and public importance. The NGO Council serves as an important and helpful mediator between NGOs, the government, and society at large. Since 2008 the NGO Council supported about 2000 NGO projects through allocation of nearly 12 million Euros in grants. This particular grants program has an aim of establishing a strong cooperation between the NGO Council and European and US based civil society organizations by advancing initiatives in their respective countries in different fields including strengthening peace and global security, combating xenophobia and racism and supporting citizen’s activism.
NGO Council will provide funding to support activities (including advocacy campaigns) falling under the below-given topics:
- Protections of fundamental human rights and freedoms
- Combating against xenophobia, racism and islamophobia
- Fostering peace and security and alleviation of negative consequences of regional conflicts (in the aspect of Azerbaijan-Armenian, Nagorno-Karabakh conflict)
- Strengthening of intercultural dialogue as a base for successful partnership among the countries and civil society actors
- Raising awareness of European and USA communities about Khojaly (26.02.1992) genocide as a tool for prevention globally similar tragedies in future
Eligible countries: Austria, Belgium, The Czech Republic, France, Germany, Hungary, Lithuania, Norway, Poland, Russia, Switzerland, Great Britain, Turkey, Ukraine, USA
NGO Council plans to allocate funds for projects with duration up to 12 months. The allocated amount for any single granted project will not exceed AZN 100 000 (The amount equivalent to USD or EUR).
Concept paper must be submitted in English. Information on the template of Concept Paper, rules and other guidelines are available HERE. The concept papers should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
List of supporting documents required:
- Copy of the document proving the legal status of the organisation
- Charter (statutes) of the applicant organisation
- Taxpayer ID document or TIN (if applicable)
- Reference letters from other donors (optional)
- CV’s of the key personnel proposed.
In the Concept Paper, the applicants must only provide an estimate of the total eligible costs. Only the applicants invited to submit a full proposal in the second phase will be required to present a detailed budget.
Additional contact details:
Azerbaijan, Baku, AZ1000
Tel/ Fax: +994124931780/32
The deadline for submission a concept paper is July 01, 2013 (5p.m UTC +04.00 Baku time)
For further details please visit the official website.