AGFUND for Fighting the Phenomenon of Street ChildrenGrants 03.06.2013
The Arab Gulf Programme for Development (AGFUND) announced the start of nomination for AGFUND international prize for pioneering human development projects in the field of “Fighting the Phenomenon of Street Children”. AGFUND invites the UN, International and regional organizations, ministries and public institutions, NGOs, universities and research centers all over the world to submit their nominations for the prize which is worth US $ 500,000 allocated for its four categories.
The selection of “Fighting the Phenomenon of Street Children” as subject for AGFUND Prize aims to encourage the protection of children subject to danger and the provision of an environment appropriate enough for their growth in addition to the steadiness of the developing communities.
The Call is open to: UN, International and regional organizations, ministries and public institutions, NGOs, universities and research centers all over the world.
FIRST CATEGORY: (US$ 200,000) The role of UN and international organizations in supporting the developing countries’ national policies to fight the phenomenon of street children and tramps (For projects implemented by UN, international or regional organizations).
SECOND CATEGORY: (US$ 150,000) NGOs-led efforts in implementing pioneering projects for training, rehabilitation and social integration of street children and tramps (For projects implemented by national NGOs).
THIRD CATEGORY: (US$ 100,000) Government agencies’ role in designing and implementing pioneering programs reflecting the legislation aiming at curtailing the phenomenon of street children (For projects by government ministries and public institutions).
FOURTH CATEGORY: (US$ 50,000) Individual-led efforts for street children and tramps rehabilitation and social integration (For projects initiated, sponsored and/or implemented by individuals.
How to apply
Nomintation Guidelines is available here
The documents required from the implementing agency in support of the nomination:
- Feasibility Study (if applicable).
- Project document in full with annexes if any (including budget, work plan, implementation and input, output, etc…)
- Any amendments made to the project document during implementation.
- Interim financial and physical reports prepared by the project implementation team.
- Annual reports covering both financial and physical aspects and highlighting the constrains faced.
- Monitoring and evaluation repots including impact evaluation.
- Project final completion report.
- Any documents that highlight the activities of the project (photograph, video tapes, printed materials, CD).
- Two letters of recommendation from two different entities not related to the implementing entity and acceptable to AGFUND. Please note that each of the project’s two Recommending entities should fill in the attached form
Nominations for the prize could be sent to AGFUND Prize Secretariat at P. O. Box 18371 Riyadh 11415 Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, or e-mailed to email@example.com
The Deadline for receiving Nominations is June 30, 2013.
For more information please visit the official website.