Call for Applications: Partnership GrantsGrants 15.04.2020
Partnership Grants of up to £3,000 are available to schools to enable students, aged 5 – 18, to carry out science, technology, engineering, mathematics, computing or data science projects.
Since it started in November 2000, the Partnership Grants scheme has awarded over £1.3 million to over 800 schools and colleges, igniting enthusiasm for STEM in thousands of young people across the UK. Since 2010, 88% of awarded Partnership Grants partners reported that they would apply again.
Why apply for this scheme?
The Partnership Grants scheme offers up to £3000 to UK schools or colleges to buy equipment to run a STEM investigation project in partnership with a STEM professional (research or industry). Successful projects:
- Deliver a better understanding of the latest developments in STEM;
- Improve perceptions of those working in STEM professions;
- Give students pride and ownership in STEM from participation in the investigative process.
Who can apply for this scheme?
Whilst the initial application must be started by the school partner so that they are the primary applicant, there needs to be two project partners on the same application form. The partnership needs to be established before starting the application. The two partners are:
- School partner (the primary applicant): any teacher or support staff at the main school, such as a computing teacher or a science technician; and a
- STEM partner: an individual that is currently working in a STEM related profession, such as a researcher or analyst.
Applying for this scheme
The 2020 round is now closed to new applicants and the next round of funding will open in 2021.
For applicants already invited to Stage 2 or working on their Stage 2 form, there has been a deadline extension due to the current situation. The application round is going to remain open until the end of the year and there will be two submission dates. The first date for submission will be the end of April and the second date for submission will be the end of October 2020. Please note, the likelihood of receiving funding will not be impacted by the date you choose to submit.
To access your Stage 2 application, please click here.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.