Call for Applications: Keystone GrantsGrants 03.05.2020
Deadline: 30 June 2020
The Save Our Seas Foundation (SOSF) is committed to protecting our oceans by funding and supporting research, conservation and education projects worldwide. We focus primarily on charismatic threatened wildlife and their habitats, with a particular concern for marine chondrichthyan species (sharks, rays, skates, sawfishes and chimaeras).
This year there is a special call for projects that promote the recovery of sawfishes, wedgefish and guitarfish. However, applications for other species are also welcomed.
The funding cycle is biennial, with the grant application window opening in even years (2020, 2022, 2024 etc.), and the grant covering the period from March 2021 to June 2022, for example. Funds are allocated on an annual basis, with the option to apply for continued funding every year. The usual project duration is limited to three years. Grants average 25,000 USD per annum.
Stage I: from 1 May to 30 June 2020
Stage II: August 2020
- The Keystone Grant application process consists of a two-stage online application:
Stage I involves completing a short online form, equivalent to 4-6 pages.
Stage II, by invitation only based on the Stage I application, will involve the completion of a longer and more detailed online form, equivalent to 10-12 pages.
- It is the policy of the SOSF to provide, where practicable, a degree of continuing support to the projects it is funding; the leaders of such projects may be invited by the SOSF to complete an application for a continuation grant in the coming year.
- Only one application will be accepted from any one applicant.
- If a project leader has an SOSF Keystone Grant, he/she cannot apply for a new grant.
- All applications will be reviewed by the SOSF scientific committee and require final approval from the Foundation’s Board of Directors.