Call for Applications: TWAS─Atta-ur-Rahman Award in ChemistryGrants 07.05.2020
Deadline: 15 May 2020
The World Academy of Science (TWAS) and the Searle Company Ltd call application for the TWAS─Atta-ur-Rahman Award in Chemistry. This annual award is given to a chemist not older than 40, national of a Scientifically and Technologically Lagging (STL) country, who has been living and working there for a minimum of two years immediately prior to his/her nomination.
The award prize of the TWAS─Atta-ur-Rahman Award in Chemistry is worth USD 5,000.
- Eligible candidates are young chemists (not older than 40).
- Candidates must be a national of a developing country.
- Similarly, they must be living and working in a Scientifically and Technologically Lagging (STL) country, for a minimum of two years immediately prior to their nomination.
- All fields of Chemistry are eligible but the self-nominations will not be considered.
- Nominator contact details.
- Nominee contact details (self-nominations are not accepted) and general information on the nominee, including the country where he/she has been working and living in the past 2 years.
- Authorization from the nominee (i.e. the candidate) to process his/her personal data for the purposes of his/her nomination, in conformity to Art. 13 of the Italian Legislative Decree 196/2003. This authorization can only be submitted through the online platform. The privacy authorization form is available for download in the section ‘nominee’s personal data’.
- The form must be filled in and signed by the candidate and then uploaded onto the on-line platform.
- Suggested citation (15-20 words highlighting the nominee’s scientific achievements in Chemistry).
- Supporting statement regarding the nominee’s contribution to Chemistry. Supporting statements should explain in detail the work performed by the candidate and its significance in the relevant scientific context.
- Clear reference should be made to the scientific impact of the nominee’s work. Vague supporting statements will not be considered and will negatively affect the evaluation.
- A clear and detailed account of any time spent abroad by the nominee in the past two years.
- Ph.D.: information on a subject area, year, and awarding institution.
- Brief information on membership in academies and societies as well as brief information on awards and honors received.
- List of 10 most significant publications listed in an internationally acceptable format.
- Furthermore, the nominee’s brief CV and her/his complete list of publications are also to be uploaded, separately, onto the online platform.
For more information website