Vacancy for Consular Section Intern in Baku, AzerbaijanInternships 10.04.2018
The U.S. Embassy in Baku is seeking individuals for a "Consular Section Intern" position. Multiple selections may be made from this announcement.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This is NOT an offer of Federal Employment; There will be NO benefits; There will be NO COMPENSATION.
Note: All information and statement submitted for an internship vacancy are subject to verification. Any willful misstatement will result in elimination for internship consideration and if the individual is hired, subject to immediate termination irrespective of the length of internship.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION
The incumbent serves as an intern in the Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy Baku. The intern supports ongoing activities of the Consular Section, including assisting with translation, performing data analysis, carrying out routine correspondence and administrative support, and supporting crisis preparedness efforts. The intern does not process visas. A copy of the complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities is available in the Human Resources Office. Contact ext. 3847.
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
1. EDUCATION: Two years post-secondary study is required.
2. LANGUAGE: Level III (Good working knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. Level III (Good working knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing Azerbaijani is required. Level III (Good Working Knowledge) of reading/speaking/writing Russian is required
3. KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS: Attention to detail, organization skills, and good customer service are required.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Non-U.S. citizen student in good academic standing at his/her current educational institution.
- Must be a continuing student upon completion of the internship.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- All applicants must have medical insurance.
- After selection, the student must receive security and medical clearance before receiving a formal offer of employment.