Advocacy & Engagement Intern in USAInternships 14.04.2018
The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) works in 190 countries and territories to put children first. UNICEF has helped save more children’s lives than any other humanitarian organization, by providing health care and immunizations, clean water and sanitation, nutrition, education, emergency relief and more. UNICEF USA supports UNICEF's work through fundraising, advocacy and education in the United States. Together, we are working toward the day when no children die from preventable causes and every child has a safe and healthy childhood. For more information, visit www.unicefusa.org.
Advocacy & Engagement Intern
UNICEF USA’s Advocacy & Engagement team is seeking an intern who will play a critical role in helping the team organize its processes, data and logistics in order to meet departmental goals. The intern will be able to enhance key skills that support career growth & development through the various responsibilities, as well as attending various events and training sessions.
- Conduct research on other nonprofit organizations’ advocacy strategies
- Assist with external communications with Congressional Action Teams (CATs)
- Conduct research on general industry trends and best practices on grassroots advocacy initiatives, including helping to identity leading organizations or networks in the field with whom to partner, join, or present/participate in their events or conferences
- Help draft and format written deliverables, presentations, and other communications materials as assigned
- Contribute to shaping department operations and procedures
- Must be a current student enrolled in a College or University degree program
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Prior experience working on legislative or public advocacy campaigns and/or experience with volunteer management
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Experience with data management (i.e. use of BlackBaud CRM) preferred
- Self-motivator with an interest in public service and the work of UNICEF and UNICEF USA
- Must demonstrate UNICEF USA Core Values: Trust, Respect, Accountability, Innovation, Teamwork, and Service
Time Frame: Summer 2018
Days per Week: Flexible
Hours per Week: 20-25 hours
This is an unpaid internship.
UNICEF USA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Click HERE